Hand/Wrist clipping seam issue with any UNP based body

lordkamakazi

Hey everyone,

I'm having a serious seam issue with all UNP based bodies. On my last play through I was using CBBE bodies but when I originally started modding I always used the UNP body and I wanted to try out the 7B body as I never had tried it before. I just switched body and texture files (and armors/clothes and such) and I ran into this issue and couldn't figure it out. After much painful troubleshooting I assumed it would have to have been one of my other hundred mods causing an issue so I switched back to CBBE and everything was fine and whatever.

I have recently decided to have another go at Skyrim since I love it so much, this time with a completely clean install. I've never used Bodyslide before but heard good things about the Bodyslide 2 UUNP and since I was trying to go for that body style again I grabbed it. I've always been an ECE user but this time I'm also using Racemenu because of its compatibility with Bodyslide.

After getting my basic mods I wanted going (simple world textures, an ENB and the UUNP body with armors) I started it up only to find the same issue persisting. Does that mean somehow the UNP body is having an issue? I have no other character body mods installed except for hairs (different hairs than I had previously) so I cant seem to narrow down the problem any further than the body itself. in the pictures I've even removed any skin mods to see if that was the culprit. But still its there with vanilla skin and face textures on the UUNP body. I have tried the UNP Feminine Hands mod and the Better UNP Hands mod to try and fix the issue but the hand models don't change. Is there a file somewhere overriding everything?

I'm at my wits end, any help is appreciated.

**Edit: I should also note that its the same when the clothes are unequipped. I left them on for modesty's sake lol

Well I can't help with UUNP but I have noticed a wrist issue with my latest choice in UNP based variant body (I use CNHF). Far as I've been able to tell it's partly the body model not quite lining up with the body included in the clothes model and partly a texture error as it seems to be significantly reduced by certain texture replacers. However I don't have the issues while naked or while wearing armor specifically crafted for that body and since that's exactly what bodyslide and UUNP is supposed to do - I have no idea what exactly is causing your issue. You might try a texture replacer and see if that helps reduce the seams or possibly one of the hand replacers.

But mostly I just wear armor that comes up over the wrist and/or gloves/greaves so it doesn't annoy me too much.

Well after diving deeper into Bodyslide I have found a way to fix it. But its taking a LONG time. Hopefully I'm doing it the hard way. Is there a way to preview both the body and the hand mesh at the same time? Cause I was able to get the max weight seam to match up on the first try, but the min weight is still off. Because I'm possibly ignorant I am editing the wrist, saving it, loading the game and checking, its still misaligned, close the game and move sliders again. Booting up the game every time for a few percent slider change gets old fast lol. Am I doing it wrong?

You can use the body that is part of your modded armour mesh as the "reference" mesh. Browse for a .nif file instead of one of the built in presets in Outfit Studio. Open the file, and in the bottom selection box, select the body mesh (hopefully it's named conveniently) then in the next step open your hand mesh. You can then line up the 2 parts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The issue here ( I think ) is that you have another body mod active, or did have another body mod active in the past. You need to disable all body mods. Reinstall Bodyslide and outfit studio. Then reinstall your skin texture if you have one. Should fix it hopefully!

Edited by dwest174

• 1 year later...

So I realize this topic is old, but since it's still the first thing that comes up when one searches hand seam fixes, I decided to share my solution to the problem, IF, and only IF, it only happens when the character's got her clothes on: the RaceMenu weight slider. I don't know what the actual cause for this is (might have something to do with the other fixes posted, although this is a fresh mod stack that shouldn't have any previous body installations), but the effect seems to be that the RaceMenu weight slider doesn't work on my nude body mesh. It doesn't prevent me from customizing the body shape, because I can get the same results using UUNP and XPMSE morph sliders; the issue is that my character's armor IS affected by the weight slider. This means that, while my character's body weight is always set to 1.00 (no matter what shape I actually give her), the armor weight can vary. Quick fix? Set the weight slider to 1.00 and leave it there. Arms match up again, although there's still a tiny seam when viewed from certain angles - again, I'm assuming it's a slight mismatch between the armor 'suit' mesh and the hands from the original body. Still, if you can live with that (I'm not super picky) it's a pretty good quick fix.

Edit: Depending on what morphs/slider settings you're using for your base body, you might need to move the weight slider to a different setting to get it to match. Playing around with the slider value while your toon has her clothes on is the easiest way to match arm to hand weight.

Weight set to .50

Weight set to 1.00

Edited by grasso7171