Force GPU Usage on Fallout: New Vegas

Okay so, I am using a MSI Nvidia GTX 970 to play Fallout: New Vegas. Got a bunch of mods loaded up and a very demanding mod called Obscurum Pandemic. Now I have done the "Prefer Maximum Performance" thing in the Control Panel and it works for about 5-10 minutes and then suddenly it will just go back down to about 50% usage. The usage changes in different areas it's very strange. In the South of the Map the usage is around 50% and the FPS can go as low as 15. Then in the North it can go to around 90% usage, the FPS is a solid 60. Not sure if this is a coincidence or not. If you could help me in Forcing it to use even more, maybe an application I haven't heard of. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

You cannot "force" the application to load the GPU more heavily than it needs to, you *can* tell the GPU's power management to butt out, and run the GPU at full-speed clocks (this can eliminate stuttering issues; if you didn't have stuttering I'd leave power management enabled because it drops temps (this *may* end up having to be a game-by-game thing, I know with my 660 I never had issues with Fallout, but Skyrim would stutter unless it was "prefer maximum performance")). Check clocks in GPU-Z - if they're running at (or near) the card's rated limit (they will still throttle in response to temperatures and TDP envelope) then it's working correctly, if the clocks are fluctuating significantly it's either overheating or "prefer maximum performance" is not engaging for that application.

Either way, the bad performance in Fallout looks entirely unrelated - I'm guessing it's just X combination of mods resulting in poor performance, it may be CPU bound, it may be memory bound, it may just be how it is with the stack of mods you have, etc.