HELP! Transparent Hair

NecromancerOfTamriel

Hello guys. I think others have mentioned this issue before, but it plagues me now too and I can't find a single way to fix this issue.

If anyone, and I mean anyone, can help me, I'd be thankful.

I have an issue with certain hairstyles (like the Ulfric-style for Men and this hairstyle for Elves to name two examples: https://i.imgur.com/NdOpNlt.jpg) where part of the hair is transparent. Mostly, this occurs in certain lighting like the Alternate Start mod's holding cell. Otherwise, areas like outdoors during daylight show it's perfectly fine.

I have literally no idea why it's like this but it really annoys me and could use some help.

I only have the HD Texture Pack from Steam, the Superior Lore-Friendly Hair HD, and RaceCompatibility mod worth mentioning, but I don't believe it's a matter of the mods being issues. I also have a Radeon R7 200 card ( I know, it's nothing high tech but it handles Ultra and High perfectly and even then the issue is still there while everything else is perfectly fine, which further adds to my confusion ) if it's worth noting. And no, I don't have any lighting mods installed as well.

Please...If anyone can help me as well as anyone else with this issue, you'll have my thanks. This issue is driving me mad and I loathe the sight of it. .... As well as the issue of a clipping bug for a number of male Bosmer hairstyles that affects the left side of their heads/left ear.

Uninstall all mods, check every mod if they are incompatible with some of your mods, download patches for various mods if they need one for another mod so they can work together and lastly make merge patch and bashed patch.

So, just thought I'd say this - even after uninstalling the mods and trying out the regular game, and even just Alternate Start freshly reinstalled (need to reinstall the other mods I had now...), the problem is still there. Even in a vanilla game, HD Texture Mod uninstalled from the game. I could try reinstalling Skyrim altogether... clean the update, Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn files before trying it again... But I got a feeling the problem would still be there.

It looks like you somehow deleted the hairline. Reverify your game cache with Steam and see what you get.

^sounds viable. But...some mods modify hairline, and using texture reducer can cause anomaly when an alpha channel is removed.

No. That did nothing - now I have to reclean my update and DLC files. The issue is still present with the hairstyle, but I'm still not sure how the issue with this specific hairstyle exists. Everything else is fine but this hairstyle just acts up. I also have a screenshot to show from a vanilla game, after I reinstalled it fresh and the files cleaned (before I verified the game cache a few minutes ago): http://api.ning.com/files/hr*oLb11BPIP1JIor02eUOANmvhyAOHN-O9wpsrSQAG55mInB1LqirNpM2C9CJyEpgMMbccxNipzrAwPOzWsgN0VGwRaL9*E/20151103_00002.jpg

Edited by NecromancerOfTamriel