HELP! Transparent Hair

NecromancerOfTamriel

Well... I suppose while I wait for any additional responses that could shed some light, I guess I can share my thoughts on this issue so far.

This may be some sort of mesh issue with the original game, something they never bothered fixing and no one ever truly noticed before (with mods and without mods). It seems likely since everything else in my game as I tested it was perfectly fine - Frost Trolls, Dragons, weapons, armor, all that jazz is fine and nothing else transparent. One reason I think this involves the Bosmer baldspot on the left side of their heads for males - looking back at the male presets as they were shown before Skyrim's release, I noticed the 'bald spot' was present on most of the presets, hard to see but clearly present on most of the male preset heads. The lighting for each preset and the angle of their heads could have hid any sign of the mesh problem for the two which have the hairstyle affected - which I'm gonna refer to as "Annoying Fan Style" - but not just for Wood Elf men, but the Altmer and Dunmer men as well.

I could be wrong with this line of thought though - who's to say?

Edited by NecromancerOfTamriel

Is there anyone who could offer some advice on how to fix this?

Or would this be a matter I have to try and resolve somehow? If this is some sort of mesh/texture issue, I've got GIMP, NifSkope, and the Creation Kit. Not sure if I'd need anything else though, or if fixing the affected hairstyle(s) only would affect all NPCs with the style(s) in question.