simple mod idea thats mostlikely not gonna happen(TTW related)

tawatabak

pintocat pointed me this way

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/21132/?

it could be a great start

if we could get permission

Didn't get time to do any modding Sun (still recovering from festivities), but I did look at the link. I didn't install the mod, rather I just read the description and looked at the pics. I don't think there is anything in that mod that I need or couldn't do myself.....so at this point I don't think I need it (or permission to use it).

I was disappointed to see that the nif of Marie in her crib isn't in the FONV BSA. It has the animated nif. It's not a lot of movement, just the baby fidgeting a little while she sleeps, but it would have added a lot of realism....as I know how to rig it without loosing the animation. I may still work with it, but it would be for TTW or a FO3 mod, and any other discussion on it would have to be on that website or the FO3 forums.

What we do have in the NV BSA is two AOs and two KFs. One of the KFs is cradling the baby (good for NPCs) and one taking the baby from the player. Then we also have the papoose concept for an infant on the back.

One other thing that might be worth trying out would be rigging a baby mesh (not from FO but rather a PD source) to a human skeleton since we have some crawling KFs. Then infants could crawl about in a playpen or other location.

I was disappointed to see that the nif of Marie in her crib isn't in the FONV BSA. It has the animated nif. It's not a lot of movement, just the baby fidgeting a little while she sleeps, but it would have added a lot of realism....as I know how to rig it without loosing the animation. I may still work with it, but it would be for TTW or a FO3 mod, and any other discussion on it would have to be on that website or the FO3 forums.

https://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/idea-simple-mod-thats-mostlikely-not-gonna-happen

this is the topic i mde on ttw-forums

If someone can come good with decent meshes (limbs, nappies, etc. In the "T" position) and textures then I'll make up a skeleton for them and they can come into the game as fully animated creatures, crawling, idle markers, etc.

this would be even more awesome

Sorry been busier than usual, but I'll try to get on this soon

&

but made request on fo3 page and ttw page and linked them in first post

OK I will go check them out and post version specific work in the appropriate forums (although I'll still continue to post the FONV version here).

If someone can come good with decent meshes (limbs, nappies, etc. In the "T" position) and textures then I'll make up a skeleton for them and they can come into the game as fully animated creatures, crawling, idle markers, etc.

Is it a huge workload or can some of it be lifted from the human crawling animations?

If you were to go with a fully animated critter, I have an idea that I think would be really atmospheric. Feral ghoul babies. Where do they come from? Don't know, maybe an irradiated vault nursery. Maybe a massive gov building complex that had a huge day care for federal workers. There's probably plenty of angles to explore multiple origin stories. Would they be powerful creatures, no. But there is something innately terrifying about ghoulified infants crawling toward and possibly leaping at the couriers throat.

If we are willing to (initially) accept some texture stretching (later I can work on a new texture) I think I could whip up a edited version of a ghoul with more infant like proportions (fatties, big heads etc). Would you be willing to do some custom attack animations (completely to your own aesthetic directions)?

A interesting addition ranged attack idea could be lifted from the reavers, by pulling out parts of their gut and throwing it.

Sorry been busier than usual, but I'll try to get on this soon

&

but made request on fo3 page and ttw page and linked them in first post

OK I will go check them out and post version specific work in the appropriate forums (although I'll still continue to post the FONV version here).

Is it a huge workload or can some of it be lifted from the human crawling animations?

If you were to go with a fully animated critter, I have an idea that I think would be really atmospheric. Feral ghoul babies. Where do they come from? Don't know, maybe an irradiated vault nursery. Maybe a massive gov building complex that had a huge day care for federal workers. There's probably plenty of angles to explore multiple origin stories. Would they be powerful creatures, no. But there is something innately terrifying about ghoulified infants crawling toward and possibly leaping at the couriers throat.

If we are willing to (initially) accept some texture stretching (later I can work on a new texture) I think I could whip up a edited version of a ghoul with more infant like proportions (fatties, big heads etc). Would you be willing to do some custom attack animations (completely to your own aesthetic directions)?

A interesting addition ranged attack idea could be lifted from the reavers, by pulling out parts of their gut and throwing it.

The more custom creatures I make the easier it gets. I'm finding these days it's much easier to create a skeleton nif from scratch than try to work with an existing one, naturally you get a perfect fit to the mesh and full control of the animations which really aren't that hard to make. The fast part of the process for me is actually the skeleton and animations, it's the meshes, UV's, textures that chew up time. So if you and / others can proved meshes (in good order) I can do the rest, If there's ghoul babie meshes then yeah I can can do them also.