Fallout 4 Dadmode

djbell

What you want (no dismemberment) is possible, just that it isn't possible to do right away as the tools aren't out yet AND will entail replacing the meshes of every dismemberable actor - ghouls, molerats, humans and everything else that moves and can be blown into meaty chunks - which could elevate the mod to 'highly incompatible' status. In fact, everything you mentioned is possible to a lesser or greater degree, some with scripting though mostly through mesh wizardry.

why dose your 5 year old wanna play fallout 4? ;-;

The same reason my 12 year old sister wanted to play Witcher 3; it had a horse, and she wanted to get to play the game her big brother was playing, and share the experience. I let her run around Novigrad some (it didn't take her long to find out she could kill the pigs in the street, thankfully she's a country gal to her core and found it practical for purposes of getting the meat from them in the game). I also let her ride the pretty horse through the countryside, 'cause what little girl don't like horses? However, once she came into the room the next day just in time to see me slice a man in half from his left shoulder to his right waistline... yeah, suddenly she was understanding of why I was nervous about letting her play. No nightmares, thankfully, she's a very mature girl, but still, sometimes, children want to enjoy the things adults/older siblings/parents enjoy, if not just to learn and understand, then to be part of a communal, family activity.

I'm not sure if it works or not, but there is a 'bDisableAllGore=0" in the .ini. Maybe just try setting that to 1? It's worth a shot.

There is also 'bBloodSplatterEnabled=1', which I assume can be turned off by setting it to 0 and that should keep the blood off your camera.

Damn I must have put it in the wrong INI before. Thanks for mentioning this--- it works-- but it also removes gooification and vaporization (and bloodsplatter-- you don't even need to set that additionally).

Ok yeah so replacing all the gore-possible meshes sounds like too big of a project. Maybe a realistic compromise would be a mod where I could change the odds of different kinds of kills, in the same way Bloody Mess does? That sounds like something I might be able to do myself, at least once a script extender system comes out.