MODPACKS plz w8 dont ban me for speaking the truth

Niccer

Dear community of people at nexus.

I am here to make a valid argument / offer a solution. (not going to do it myself tho becouse i am a sloth so i cant computer.)

People complain that modpacks dont deliver people exposure or endorsements. However this is not entirely tru and could easely be resolved.
If someone where to make a site where people who endorse the modpack automaticly endorse / Give fake download to all used mods the problem whould be solved.
Also modpacks have modlists that most people check out and as a result they wil wind up on the modpage.

In the minecraft universe being in a modpack is the best thing that can happen to you as more people wil download and play it. Becouse making your own Modpack is simply to timeconsuming and unnececaire most people wil give up on skyrim after modding it once and this is a shame.

Lassst time i modded skyrim i had to spend over 20+ houers to make it work and it ws still shitty. Why not just allow people to do it and make evryone happy ?
Could the people who own the nexus maybe give some kind of portal to help and motivate people to do it ?

Whould i help nexus in managing it ?

These are all questions i hope will be answered soon.

you want inexperienced at modding players to use somekinda fully functional user-friendly modding program?

i think that would be a good thing and a bad thing.
if it happens it would help people with imagination and low modding experience to make their own mods so that would be a good thing.

but also it would make the current modders give up making mods for players and also simply reply to anyone who requests them to release\update a mod they would simply reply as "do it yourself" which makes this really really a bad idea IF that happens.

i never tried to do a mod myself but i dunno how hard would it be if you are a person who really want's to make a certain mod.

plus most of the mid-big mods have one mod developer but that developer always adds a "thank you" section for the other modders who helped him making his mod.

the death of skyrim modding is inevitable and i suspect it soon to happen when bethesda releases modding programs for fallout 4

the death of skyrim modding is inevitable and i suspect it soon to happen when bethesda releases modding programs for fallout 4

people are still modding Morrowind it wont die it will just hit a lull and pick up again until Elder Scrolls VI where it will hit a permanent lull.

dont ban me for speaking the truth

this site isnt strict, they arent going to ban yo for speaking your mind on a subject that has already been discussed in full. you arent breaking any rules for mentioning it, you're just kinda being a annoying by bringing it up again when the reason has been clearly stated already.

Authors are not willing to put more time testing mod compediums, when they can spend it releasing updates for their current work. Also all updates require testing and it's more reasonable to keep troubleshooting users under specific mod page where author can manage it. We already have some people not clever enough to read FAQ sections and post in th right place.

There is no guarantee the mods you want to use will work together. A lot of stuff has to be edited on your own with tes5edit and wryebash depending on how you want your game to behave. What runs smoothly on one pc won't on other due to .ini files configuration and pc hardware specs.

For stuff like texture replacers there is already Mod Combiner.

people are still modding Morrowind it wont die it will just hit a lull and pick up again until Elder Scrolls VI where it will hit a permanent lull.

When we will get TES VI there will be someone trying to port Skyrim to new engine due to gaming nostalgia, same as it was with Skyblivion (Oblivion) and Skywind (Morrowind).

you're just kinda being a annoying by bringing it up again when the reason has been clearly stated already.

I must agree on that.

Becouse making your own Modpack is simply to timeconsuming and unnececaire most people wil give up on skyrim after modding it once and this is a shame.

Not really. Modding Skyrim is an additive process, you can add a mod anytime (with the exception of CWO and of course alternate start mods, which have to be enabled before start of the game). People don't have to spent hours upfront on preparing their mod list.

Of course making modpacks is possible, with the usual burden of modpacker having to get permissions from all mod authors; and likely hosting it outside of Nexus. So far afaik nobody attempted to be a modpacker in this meaning. And building smarter mod managing software trumps it imho.

Dear community of people at nexus.

I am here to make a valid argument / offer a solution. (not going to do it myself tho becouse i am a sloth so i cant computer.)

People complain that modpacks dont deliver people exposure or endorsements. However this is not entirely tru and could easely be resolved.

If someone where to make a site where people who endorse the modpack automaticly endorse / Give fake download to all used mods the problem whould be solved.

Also modpacks have modlists that most people check out and as a result they wil wind up on the modpage.

In the minecraft universe being in a modpack is the best thing that can happen to you as more people wil download and play it. Becouse making your own Modpack is simply to timeconsuming and unnececaire most people wil give up on skyrim after modding it once and this is a shame.

Lassst time i modded skyrim i had to spend over 20+ houers to make it work and it ws still shitty. Why not just allow people to do it and make evryone happy ?

Could the people who own the nexus maybe give some kind of portal to help and motivate people to do it ?

Whould i help nexus in managing it ?

These are all questions i hope will be answered soon.

No my goal is not help inexpierienced my goal is not making it take 20+ Houers.

Authors are not willing to put more time testing mod compediums, when they can spend it releasing updates for their current work. Also all updates require testing and it's more reasonable to keep troubleshooting users under specific mod page where author can manage it. We already have some people not clever enough to read FAQ sections and post in th right place.

There is no guarantee the mods you want to use will work together. A lot of stuff has to be edited on your own with tes5edit and wryebash depending on how you want your game to behave. What runs smoothly on one pc won't on other due to .ini files configuration and pc hardware specs.

This is not realy a valid reason becouse Steps G.E.M.S are already doing it. I just dont get why they dont just offer a single dl dl. I Bet it has more to do with the nexus wanting more traffic.

This is not realy a valid reason becouse Steps G.E.M.S are already doing it. I just dont get why they dont just offer a single dl dl. I Bet it has more to do with the nexus wanting more traffic.

You have no idea what you are talking about. S.t.e.p is not done by authors of the mods on the list, it's a recommended compilation made by users of another forum (they just inform original modder that their file was added to s.t.e.p list). You still have to read FAQs and adjust to what your pc can handle. Besides that you have never tracked a mod and installed updates over a longer period of time. This just proves how little experience you have with modding.

PS: Doing s.t.e.p doesn't take 20 hours.

If you can't understand this issue from a mod authors point of view, it makes no sense to even try to explain it to you. Use search to view old topics. There is no point beating a dead horse.

Just know one thing. Mods are treated as intelectual property and can be taken down by mod authors at any time. Authors can and will enforce "no reuploads" rule to prevent distribution of their handcrafted content.

Your attitude towards modding is faulty. You talk like there has to be something done because:

1.Base game is dated/uninteresting and buggy.

2.Interest in TES V is dying.

Guess what, those are not modders problems. This is something you should be forwarding to developers trying to SELL a product. No one on nexus treats modding like a job and no one is receiving money that could help them sustain themselfs. Mod authors don't care how long the game will show up in rankings, they just mod for their own reasons.

Modding is not something that you have to participate in. If you don't want to spend time on it, just don't. People that want to download mods in 5min and then forget, don't make the community in a single player game. The dynamics here are different from multiplayer games such as minecraft. On nexus we need those who are willing to test, give feedback on bugs and content to interact with mod authors creating new content or enhancing existing one.

Edited by BlackRoseOfThorns

So happy that you like the way you've decorated your bedroom.... placing a Picasso here... and a rembrandt there... A nude picture of the fallen Madonna with the big boobies. it all looks so stylish.

But hey. ... wait a minute, you want to bung it altogether in a user friendly product with a label saying McSkyrim modding... and sit back and pass it all off as your god damn given right to manipulate as you see fit? Hey... maybe people can endorse you for your efforts (whatever endorsements really mean).

It ain't yours. Someone gave it to you to enjoy, but not to own.

Just saying

Edited by skinnytecboy