Question about body types in Skyrim?

lightyagameme

Hi, I'm completely new to modding (not just in skyrim, in any game) and I have a few questions.

Firstly, if I have a different body type installed, would it be compatible with all the vanilla armors?

Also, if I use the UNPB body (which I think I will be) would I need to download the UNP body also to use UNP armors? If I did, how would I activate the UNPB for my character?

Thanks

Firstly: Depends on the body. Some are specifically designed to be compatible with vanilla textures if not shape. Usually this is something you can determine by carefully reading the description of the body mod or the body mod's original variant (UNPB/CNHF/Dream Girl etc are UNP variants so you'd look to the UNP description to see what UNP is compatible with). UNP based bodies are vanilla compatible texture wise but UNPB is NOT compatible shape wise with vanilla. You might be able to use vanilla armor without obvious errors but really why would you want to when there's a compatible armor mesh replacer?

You don't need to download UNP to install the compatible armor meshes do long as you're using a variant body of UNP, but if UNPB requires you to install UNP because it doesn't include textures or certain mesh parts you will, best way to be sure is to thoroughly read the description of UNPB.