4 Mostly Unrelated Requests

cassycade

Hey,

I just thought some people would find these requests useful.

1:Hunter's Rickshaw

I'd like to see something like a small cargo rickshaw. When it's in use you move at your natural run speed but cannot sprint or jump. You must lay down the rickshaw in order to fill it up. Ideally it would have an appropriate weight limit. Even more ideally, you could make several, ranging from "collapsible" (when empty, can be stowed in your inventory -- probably around 20 weight and can carry 100-150) to "merchant's" (can hold twice a player's max vanilla carry weight).

The point of this cargo-rickshaw over a carriage, pushcart or similar item is:

A: to allow it to go anywhere a player can get to without jumping (same size as the player)

B: to not force the player to leave it behind altogether when navigating dangerous terrain (I expect players to carefully lay it down at the edge of one platform, jump to the other, and pull it over with them)

C: to allow the player to take it into other worldspaces and dungeons (as its size and speed [and probably handling] are identical to the players, you could very easily make it take up the backpack slot when "on" and players could take it with them from place to place without the fuss that vehicles and mounts require. And the sacrifice of the backpack slot is offset by the massive weightlimit gain from the rickshaw, though they still are the preferred piece of equipment for rough terrain and mountaineering)

D: to give the player an option for extra emergency cargo transport that could be crafted from common materials without making no sense (how is a player going to craft themselves an emergency carriage and horses to go with it? A rickshaw is just wheels, a frame and shoulder straps, easy for a clever person to piece together in the wild.)

2: Craftable True-Scoped Bows

A fusion of KettleWitch's telescope mod and OutLaw666's Scoped Bows. If you have an appropriate telescope and an appropriate scoped bow, you can make a Telescoped Bow. Block button(/"Arrow Bash") is replaced with scope in (ADS for FPS players). Eagle Eye has no effect on Telescoped Bows, but the time-slowing effect still functions when the bow is drawn back to fire AND scoped in. Telescoped Bows should have appropriate long-range reticles. Uniques should be Telescoped on a case-by-case basis. ("Heavy" material bows get Telescope, "light" material bows use default Scoped Bows mesh. Alternatively, go by Vanilla damage/draw speed.) Ideally, Telescoped Bows have a flatter trajectory (but I don't know if you can do that from the bow's side, I'm pretty sure you need to change arrows.)

Reasons:

A: Long-range shooting in Skyrim is usually feasible from a logistics standpoint but hard from a trajectory standpoint. The bows have awfully arced trajectories, the crosshair gives you no easy way to adjust for range, and the crosshairs of Scoped Bows only make the matter stand out further. Telescopes with good rangefinding reticles will allow you to use the arced trajectory for accurate long range fire. Flatter trajectories will allow the player to make longer range shots in general (good for dragon-sniping).

B: Currently, weather has no visible effect on shooting except for distant visibility. KettleWitch's Telescopes has an excellent weather effect system already built in, and it will add a challenge to the long range shooting game that should have been there from the start.

C: It should hopefully integrate seamlessly with "Guess the Distance", which is a great mod for the long-range shooter but is limited currently for those who use KW's Telescopes by the better aim abilities of the telescope when compared to the bows. It's tough to line up that shot again, particularly if your mouse is sensitive enough to make it difficult not to move it.

D: Common sense applies: if you can mount glass lenses on a bow, lined up so as to make accurate fire possible, you can line up (extant) telescopes for the same. This doesn't apply for those who do not use KW's Telescope mod.

3: Blackreach Weather

I don't know if this is possible, but I hope so.

New weather types especially for Blackreach. Some ideas I had were fog (as in Tamriel), dustfall/dirtfall (similar to ash storms on Solstheim), rockfall (unsure if it's possible -- stones fall from the "sky" and cause damage, visual similarities to dustfall). Depending how fanciful you want to get, you could have "Magicka Storms", spore blizzards from the fungi, etc.

I don't have any good reasons for this, just the immersion of a bizarre underground world having bizarre underground weather.

4: Rideable Stag (and maybe Durzog)

The player can befriend a stag and/or Durzog suffering from a near fatal injury through a simple but lengthy dialogue-free questline involving getting the trust of the wounded animal, nursing it back to health, and getting revenge on the creature(s) or person(s) that made it that way. Durzog would be Solstheim only and could not come back to Tamriel with you. Stag could go wherever Tamriel horses go. Durzog would be essential and a combatant when not mounted. Stag would not be a combatant, could be essential, or be killable with a questline to become an essential undead stag (either ghostly, or skeletal a la Arvak -- ideally both, with ghostly being a "good" option, skeletal an "evil" option). Extra features should be minimal: naming both, and undead stag should be possible to call at a distance (a la summoning Arvak). These quests would have no markers.

I want one of these for Blackreach as well, but can't think of any good options. Chaurus are rather too small. I'd say some kind of giant slug, but I don't think Nirn has any of those that arent Sload. Ideas appreciated, though note that I have no interest in rideable Dwemer automatons: I want to have the same basic acquisition questline for all three mounts to simplify overall complexity.

Reasons:

A: I want these special mounts, but want to have them for a reason. The questline gives a reason the player would have access to these creatures as mounts. The mundanity of the mounts allows the questline to be simple and the mounts as a whole to require no extra work.

B: The questline is dialogue-free, removing any issues with dialogue trees or voice actors, while also making it a very personal (if cliche) wilderness story. Coding is very simple If/Then chains. The lack of markers adds an element of challenge that would otherwise be missing entirely given that I expect there would be no dungeon crawling or etc.

C: Durzog being Solstheim only is lore-friendly and simplifies immersion: in Solstheim, riding a Durzog is only really cause for mild surprise. In Skyrim, it would vaguely resemble a baby dragon mixed with a boar and terrify the locals.

D: There is a general lack of good, simple mounts that are well made, have questlines to explain why they exist, and aren't bloated with loads of features.

Thanks

-Cassy

ETA:

Almost forgot my two other requests... doofus I am. Call it 6 unrelated requests, I suppose.

I have one other request for bows. An expansion on the plain Scoped (not Telescoped) bows to have a reticle for mounted archery. No normal reticle lines up properly, and it looks extremely bizarre when trying to do first-person mounted archery. The only reason I'm playing an Orc hunter is because I can't play an Orc mounted archer in heavy armor. Mongol hordes, woo!

And I'd like to see a mod for first-person leaning, like in most first person immersive sims such as System Shock 2, Thief, Dishonored, Deus Ex, etc etc etc. It'd make a stealth character easier to play when using stealth overhaul mods and increase immersion (at least for me). Customizable hotkeys please?

-Cassy

Edited by cassycade