• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

LobselVith66

LobselVith66

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

you can take the blame for Merrills niavety and the clan will not attack, I didnt know this first play thru tho and I ended up having to kill them all too, It felt HORRIBLE, I wanted a slap Merill mod for sure at that point, even tho she is sugar sweet.

You mean Hawke can point out that Keeper Marethari became an abomination of her own free will? Marethari was reckless enough to become an abomination on mere suspicions alone, and the clan can be stupid enough to try to murder a man who has helped them out countless times, simply because of the foolish of their Keeper and Hawke told them the truth. I don't understand why people think Merrill is naive for choosing a course of action that can benefit their clan while Hawke does nothing for seven years except murder people. Head Writer Gaider has said that Merrill studied lore and extrapolated information from a shard of the Eluvian in building the mirror. Merrill is proactive while Hawke is reactive - he doesn't do anything about the plight of his people in Darktown, he doesn't do anything about Meredith becoming a dictator for three years, he doesn't even investigate the note he finds in Quentin's lair that addressed his mother's murderer had an accomplice. I wish Hawke was as proactive as Merrill was.

Keldrath

Keldrath

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

you can take the blame for Merrills niavety and the clan will not attack, I didnt know this first play thru tho and I ended up having to kill them all too, It felt HORRIBLE, I wanted a slap Merill mod for sure at that point, even tho she is sugar sweet.

You mean Hawke can point out that Keeper Marethari became an abomination of her own free will? Marethari was reckless enough to become an abomination on mere suspicions alone, and the clan can be stupid enough to try to murder a man who has helped them out countless times, simply because of the foolish of their Keeper and Hawke told them the truth. I don't understand why people think Merrill is naive for choosing a course of action that can benefit their clan while Hawke does nothing for seven years except murder people. Head Writer Gaider has said that Merrill studied lore and extrapolated information from a shard of the Eluvian in building the mirror. Merrill is proactive while Hawke is reactive - he doesn't do anything about the plight of his people in Darktown, he doesn't do anything about Meredith becoming a dictator for three years, he doesn't even investigate the note he finds in Quentin's lair that addressed his mother's murderer had an accomplice. I wish Hawke was as proactive as Merrill was.

Duncan destroyed that mirror for a good reason. Merrill shouldnt have been trying to fix it in the first place, it needed to stay broken. she should know better

brokenergy

brokenergy

Damn it Luke!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,743 posts
Duncan didn't even know what he destroyed, saying that it's Tevinter (when it wasn't). If that shard was with her for 7 year, shouldn't she became a ghoul by now? Also, if that spirit in the Audicity was a demon, wouldn't she/he took over Merrill when they first entered the area? Also why didn't the Dalish leave after Merrill left? Why didn't Marethari just moved on with a new First? Why is she denying Merrill in completing her task as First?

Merrill is more Dalish than Marethari could ever be. At least she is trying to restore something that is important for her people and doing the Dalish mantra of collecting and restoring the old. Marethari just wanted Merrill to be "little Marethari"; to follow and do what she does. She didn't realise the importance of restoring the Eluvian. To say that Merrill is naive is an understatement to Merrill's true potential and misses the point of her character. She's the only mage in the party (apart from Bethany and Hawke) who hasn't turned psycho and shows more maturity than Anders.

carodwen

carodwen

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Hey, this is good info. I really got ticked off when this happened. Since my last two heros (DO:A) were from that clan, this didn't make any sense at all, let alone as to why they went there in the first place. I had nothing to do with Merrill after that one. By the way, just before that in the fight scene in the cave, Tamlin makes an appearance too, that one really surprised me.

They went there because Flemeth told them too. Keeper Marithari was beholden to Flemeth and I think the altar and thin veil on sundermount was requested. But along the way they lost their halla, which all but stops a clan from moving forward. ( I know this a really really old thread. Just wanted to point out the story all but explains why they are there.)

Marathari knew from the moment Merrill found the shard what would happen. Keepers are known to, for lack of better words, see the whole picture and the consequences. Merrill would have become an abomination. No doubt. Marathari loved Merrill so much that she took that abomination on herself. And trusted Hawke to take the responsibility of Merrill actions to the clan, to avoid the backlash, since she repeatedly pleaded to hawke to stop her from continuing on the path of fixing the eluvian.  No amount of cleansing in the world would have removed the taint it had taken in. I'm not even sure it was an Eluvian at this point. but a portal.

I always play a mage but the more i play a mage the more the mages anger me more than templars. They can be warned and pleaded with and educated all day long but in the end there is way to many who think their Sh*t don't stink and they know best how to work with a demon. Demons however are more intelligent than them and always win against someone who's ego blinds them. Which is why I have come to the conclusion, yes many templars went overboard were out of line but over and over mages gave them reason to fear. Its always the rotten apples that ruin it for the rest of the orchid.  So now when i play a mage i play an angry one. Because My character gets tired of corralling in the blood mages and fighting the blood mages and abominations and then still having to hide in the shadows because of idiots like that. Even Ornsino shows he blood mage skills. I mean you have to be very good at blood magic to become a friggin harvester. He did after all keep in contact with the killer of hawkes mother. Oh so fascinated by his recreating a dead woman with women he murders. In the end, even if she was out of line and nutty as all get out tainted by red lyrium, Meredith wasn't all that wrong about her circle being infested by those who secretly use blood magic. The first enchanter himself used it. Well enough to turn into a monster. On purpose. Yes he was desperate but Hawke was there they wouldnt have let the genocide happen. 

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.924 seconds