Creatures missing animations

Tertisentar

• 1 year later...

In my game, chickens and goats and rabbits and deer etc worked fine, but skeletons, wolves, horses, dogs, spiders etc all just stand still and turn hostile, but can't actually do anything. But I found a solution! Go to skyrim/data/meshes/actors and there will be a list of folders for all the actors in the game. within each of these, there SHOULD be 2 folders, called "behaviors" and "characters". These will each contain a .txt file called (creaturename)_template.txt. However I noticed that specifically within the folders for the broken animation actors in my game, these had an extra file called (creaturename).hkx. There was also an empty folder for "animations" (where the sexlab stuff would've been had I not deleted it).

I don't know anything about programming so I don't know if it's dangerous to do this, but deleting the .hkx files and leaving just the .txt template files restored all the animations for the affected creatures.

Anyway, do that for all the actors that have that problem and it should be fixed, it worked for me!

• 7 months later...