Skyrim for Modding, Skyrim for playing

Noomy

I have a question relating to beginning to create modes for Skyrim.

I want to keep my heavily modded game, involving both steam workshop and NMM mods, but also would like a clean install of Skyrim to create my own mods with. Is this possible?

I am assuming that a clean install of Skyrim is ideal for creating mods, as there is no possibility of clashes and such while creating mods, but is this necessarily correct? Or is creating mods using an already heavily modded game okay? Specifically, I am looking to create a new Follower (or a few) as well as quests surrounding them.

Thank you for any information and answers you can provide.

Testing on a clean Skyrim without mod is always a good thing to do.

You can use MO to keep your Skyrim clean.

So Mod Organiser will allow me to use a clean game for testing, while also allowing me to keep the modded game for general play later on?

Is there anything I should know about regarding saves? Will the action of disabling the mods and re-enabling them mess with any of my modded saves?

So Mod Organiser will allow me to use a clean game for testing, while also allowing me to keep the modded game for general play later on?

That right, your data folder will stay clean, you can also build an mo profile only for testing mods.

Is there anything I should know about regarding saves? Will the action of disabling the mods and re-enabling them mess with any of my modded saves?

If you go back to the save where they were enabled, they will be fine.

However, having a save for testing is very useful.

Years ago I used a 2 computer setup for coding & modding.

I build my own computers so there are always enough parts laying around to put together a minimum spec machine.

My tools would be on my gaming computer that was networked to the minimum spec machine running the game.

All I had to do is shoot the update over the network & reload the game.

This saves a lot of time & really comes in handy to do rapid updates when you start getting feedback after you go public.

Even today I use a 2 computer setup at work. I have 3dmax rendering on one computer & CS6 on my other computer for creating textures.

Later