profiles on NMM

sergykid

i haven't found any help on the wiki, so i`m asking here

how do the profiles on NMM work?

for better understanding, i`ll give an example. Let's say i have profile XYZ with mods 123456

i click "new profile", name it ABC (just an example), then all the mods remain the same. Let's say i remove some of the mods, and i remain with mods 123.

if i come back to the profile XYZ i will already have listed and active and unchanged the mods 123456? and if i switch back again to profile ABC i will already have selected and installed mods 123 only?

i didn't test myself because i didn't want to risk breaking anything through the mods, am i talking correctly what i`m saying here?

You should look and then if necessary post in this section, look through the different categories and you may find your answer or the correct place to post your question. Good luck.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/406-nexus-mod-manager-open-beta/

Profiles in NMM goes like this:

Say you have an exist profile (Profile A) with 10 mods installed, then you created a new profile (Profile B) and deactivate/uninstalled 5 of them and saved it. If you switch to Profile A, it will re-activate/reinstall the 5 mods missing from Profile B. Switching back to Profile B again would deactivate/uninstall the 5 mods from previous.

• Profile A has 10 mods
  • Create Profile B with only 5 of the mods
  • Switch to Profile A will activate the 10 mods
  • Switching back to Profile B will only activate the 5 mods

Thanks for the answer, so i have just to deactivate some mods for a new profile, and they will be set to always deactivate when i switch to that profile

i wanted to use this for a new character, to use only some of the mods and other new mods, and also the old character to not use the new mods i install

i`m waiting for an update for NMM when will fix how it works

• 1 year later...

not working for me. Whatever changes I make affects all profiles. I get the message asking if I want to re-activate but nothing happens when I agree.

I have the same problem when I change profile all my mods remain unchanged.

profile A has mods 123

when I change to profile B mods 123 remains active. If in profile B I deactivate mod 3 and switch to profile A, profile A now only has mod 12 activated same as profile B .....

Sorry if this is confusing, but go I miss mod manager :sad:

Edit: downgraded to 0.63.6 and everything is fine now. will not upgrade again until this has been resolved

I have the same problem when I change profile all my mods remain unchanged.

profile A has mods 123

when I change to profile B mods 123 remains active. If in profile B I deactivate mod 3 and switch to profile A, profile A now only has mod 12 activated same as profile B .....

Sorry if this is confusing, but go I miss mod manager :sad:

Edit: downgraded to 0.63.6 and everything is fine now. will not upgrade again until this has been resolved

Same bug here.

0.63.6 solved the problem like you suggested.

Thanks

This thread is old but I'll post here since it's one of the top google search results on the topic atm. According to here,

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5159340-nmm-is-currently-end-of-line-read-why-and-what-this-means/

NMM is pretty much being discontinued and they're now working on a successor to NMM. So for anyone currently using NMM version 0.63.9 and are experiencing the profile save bug, well, it's best just to downgrade to an older version like mentioned above for now. Details on why and when the new program will be out are in the link above.