Trouble with Retexture "textures_tileable"

Pfuscher

Hi, some might know my Skyrim textures.

Now I wanted to change Witcher's groundtextures from 1k to 2k and 4k.

Exporting worked,

Importing worked.

Packing says it worked, but 1gb textures get packed to 120mb content, which seems unlikely and it doesn't work ingame, althought it's in the Witcher 3 mod Folder.

Any ideas what could've gone wrong?

Thanks

Edited by Pfuscher

Terrain textures from ~\environment\textures_tileable\ are not those that are on actual terrain. Each level have it's own textures array that it use for terrain texturing and it is place in level directory itself.

So for example if you want modify default grass texture for Novigrad (see attachment) you should edit the one from Novigrad texture array, which is:

~\Uncooked\levels\novigrad\novigrad_array.texarray.texture_0.xbm

and NOT the:

~\Uncooked\environment\textures_tileable\soil\grass_default.xbm

Hm strange thing. My uncooked folder has 35gb as it should be I guess.

But in levels\novigrad or kaer_morhen and the other there are only 2kb terrain_material.w2mg files

Terrain files are only in the ones like soil, snow etc. Also soil's grass_default is the one in your thumbnail.

Edited by Pfuscher

Now I get this beauty of a thing.

http://i.imgur.com/byZ61Fm.jpg

At this point it's save to say, that I wanted to burn down CDR's studio like 8 times. For me it looks like that it doesn't like it's own file structure.

Instead of using novigrad_array.texarray.texture_0 , he stops at texarray.

Edited by Pfuscher

In cook command, path in argument -mod should be path to folder with your mod uncooked (in other word - modified assets after importing) while -basedir is path to folder with whole game Uncooked. This is one of changes made in update.

It doesn't use my textures. The pack is 120mb again, as before. So at last that is right, the compression seems quite good.

The difference from the update is, that the cooked folder now gets filled up with vanilla textures, for those that weren't changed.

What do I need to do with the cooked folder?

http://i.imgur.com/fsVZvxv.jpg

Edited by Pfuscher