Making Separate Oblivion Installation?

Ullyses1

I've installed what I would guess to be around 100 mods, and, as you might guess, I've gotten to the point that my game is about as stable as the middle east. I crash constantly while outside, my performance is atrocious, and parts of my game are just broken. Rather than try and untangle the knot of things I have installed, I thought that I would make a fresh install on my computer. However, I still enjoy playing my modded game, and all my save games rely on mods I have, so I don't want to uninstall the modded version. Would it be at all possible for me to simultaneously have a modded and vanilla game installed on my system? When I run the CD installer, it just asks me if I want to uninstall Oblivion- which I obviously do not want to do.

TL;DR: Anybody know if I could have two Oblivion installs on my computer at the same time?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Rename the original game folder..then create a new folder using the original name, copy basic files from the renamed game folder ito the new one...now back up all your saves and ini files in the My games folder in the documents so not to loose them, now reinstall the game.

you should have all your downloads separate and ready to re-install them into a fresh game.

easy peasy.

Kitty