Skill Overhaul

ThornsWisdom

This is a complicated subject and, in my opinion an important one. I am interested in overhauling skills for skyrim and other Beth games.

My thoughts:

1) Actor Values, Skills, and Abilities.

Skill Level should modify actor values and perks should NOT.

Perks should unlock new abilities and NOT modify actor values.

I think perks that modify actor values in the vanilla game are boring and an annoying necessity. I could be a level 50 archer but do almost no damage without overdraw. It makes the game less immersive.

2) Complementary Skills

I want to create a skill called Warrior.

Each time you gain combat xp a small percentage of that is also added to the warrior skill. The warrior skill improves all combat values just a little bit. The idea is that learning how to use one weapon can help you understand other weapons; how to swing block and craft them. The bow would not fall under combat.

I would also create a skill called Mage which would be a little different.

3) Making New Skills

I know that making new skills is almost impossible so I want to combine some skills.

Light armor, heavy armor, and maybe block would be combined into the Armor skill. ...That's what I would do anyway.

I am somewhat experienced with general modding but no expert. I know that some people have scripted skills but they're not perfect. Anyway let's talk about this!

• 1 month later...