Thread Necromancy

Politely Cryptic

We delete necromancy posts, whether accident or not.

Also Marxist, that sounds very complicated. I'm not sure how that would work, also it'd make us mod's lives a lot harder! :blink: The solution would be, like Dark0ne pointed out in his latest post, just not to reply to spam/necromancy and let us clean it up.

I believe the Thread Necromancy rule is fine, as is the punishment, if someone raises a dead thread with a 2 word post simply to increase their own post count then that post should be deleted. If any forum regulars see the necromantic post, don't reply teliing the person they've done wrong or whatever, just use the 'Report Post' button in the top right corner of the offending post. That way, one of the Moderators will deal with the necromantic post and the forum regular does not have to worry about losing posts.

Yeah, but as I said in another thread, that feature has never worked for me (never received any emails reporting posts or anything, except for the odd PM from Malchik but that wasn't via that feature)... luckily I regularly sweep the board with a fine toothcomb anyway :P so does Theta. So you should just be able to leave it and we'll clean it up soon enough.

I would agree with Grizzly - it it not necessary for several people to comment on a SPAM post or thread necromancy in the same thread...... If the necromancy isn't dealt with by a moderator for some reason, rather than posting something like 'hello moderators please lock this', please send a pm. That way the anti-necromancy measures won't affect your postcount.

Technically, is a post commenting about SPAM not also SPAM? :bleh:

Marxist: It is possible to split off posts, but each time you split posts from a thread you have to create a new thread for them - AFAIK the split posts can't be added to an existing thread. The Censored forum is filling up with them.... :ph34r:

I don't know what Dark0ne intends to do with the split off posts/moved threads - I agree that it would be a bit unfair to punish a forum regular for pointing out the rules to a transgressor - perhaps a 'special delete' function with no post count penalty could be introduced for such posts? After all, seems a bit harsh to punish someone for trying to help with enforcing forum rules!

Archived