Using female head mesh on male body?

Nailbat

Recently I've taken the plunge into actually attempting to make my own mods for Skyrim instead of simply using everyone else's all the time. I've decided on a custom follower to not only familiarize myself with NPC creation but with level and quest design as well. I figured it'd be a well rounded learning experience.

For the NPC I have chosen to create, the only way I've been able to achieve the desired facial structure is to use female assets (NPC is younger with more "feminine" features admittably). This character is ultimately male though, so I obviously need the male body, armors and voice.

I've done some searching but nothing I've found is THAT similar to my dilemma. I've looked into the "sexchange" console command but I don't know how to implement that into the Creation Kit (or even if you can, sorry I'm new). I've thought about exporting the "female" head and trying to just "use" it in the Creation Kit but I'm not sure if that will cause issues (I'm at work and haven't tried it yet); if there are texture issues that's fine... I can Photoshop. (;

I've also considered simply swapping assets to unique folder (like assembling a standalone NPC) but I don't know if it will affect all NPCs or not... Finally, I considered having to create a new race but I'd really like to avoid that (I don't want another race in the Racemenu and I also don't want to set it all up).

What would be the most effective way to achieve this? I AM using mods to get the look I want (not vanilla); I'm only working on a personal mod. I assume this has been done judging from some of the "children" mods I've seen. Thanks again!

Edited by Nailbat

It actually didn't look that bad when I played around with the sexchange console command. The biggest issue it looked like was the obvious seam which looked like it was simply because of the different skin textures. I looked around and found this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58390/?

I believe this might even remedy neck issues if the female head mesh is going onto a slimmer body. I obviously haven't tested it yet though.

Edited by Nailbat