A New Challenger has Entered the Arena

KingRodrik

So I've been enjoying content from this website for the past couple of months, every since I switched from consoles to PC. I would like to give back to this community and start my own mods and projects. If some experienced people could suggest some cheap software that I could use to do this I would be most obliged. I plan on doing some armor, weapon, landscape/landmark, character, and other miscellaneous mods. You know what I want to try to do most kinds of mods. Any software that I can use to mod any game. I hope I can make some material that you guys would love to play.

Your scope is too broad. Armor and weapons requires meshes and textures. Landscape requires the construction set (whatever they're gonna call it this time) characters likewise require the cs. So you won't really be able to do those last two till the tools are released in January. As for cheap programs 3DS Max has a free student version you can download and Millenia makes many many tutorials on how to use it to create gun meshes. Google both and you're off to a good start.

For textures you're probably best off with GIMP and you can find that with google too.