On the Rumor of No Visibly Holstered Weapons

SyphonX

Do you think this is true?

I've seen some leaked gameplay streams, and it seemed like the people playing didn't really know what they are doing, and I believe they were simply quick-equipping weapons as you always could in the previous Bethsoft games. But I haven't been able to find any screens/videos of any player or NPC with visibly holstered weapons. Aside from the hype trailers which are not real.

If I can't place my rifle on my back, or my pistol on my hip - I gotta say, I'll be pretty upset...

Idk, I wouldn't be surprised if there's no holstering weapons. It appears as if "holstering" just means having the weapon in your hands at the side or something like that, just not "combat ready".
Honestly can't really see any reasoning for this but I wouldn't be surprised if someone would "fix" this.

No holsters or 'holstering' (is that a word?) in the few streams I dared watch.

I'm of mixed feeling on it. ONe I would like proper holster and 'holstering' animation.

Two, I can understand why it isn't in game given vast number of gun types, sizes, and mod altertions of said weapons.

So, think about Two above a sec.

They'd have to have proper animation for each weapon type, proper holsters to accomidate each and to account

for crazy in default game mod system. A boatload of work to pull off right.

I can live without it.

I rationalize it this way. I've played countless games over the years where (just one example Wolrd of Warcraft, etc)

where ones weapons just magically dangle from shoulders across back or at the hips in case of one handers.

In each case it is a visual discontinuity one just accepts. No holsters, no proper sword sheaths, Etc.

Besides given how inventory management works with one being able to lug around literally dozens of weapons if one so choses, how do the players account for not having a proper backpack to lug all that garbage around?

WE dont', we just accept it.

Maybe I"m too easy. IYah, would be great but I can live without it in default game.

If some very hard working creative modder can 'fix' I'd love to check out the work later on.

Maybe it will be like in Skyrim, the script was there but deactivated. Evereything you had to do was editing the skyrim.ini and add this:

bDisableGearedUp = 0"

With this line you are able to see all equipped weapons (only one of the same type of course). No mods needed.

Well, maybe there is such a function too in fallout 4. otherwise wait untill CK comes out, someone will create holsters with animations.

the game looks allready perfect for me, like a overmodded fallout 3 with 20 dlcs. I know, this will be my favourite game <3

As far as I could see (maybe I missed something), I can confirm weapons disappear once you holster them. Equipping a weapon in the pip-boy won't make it appear on your character (melee or guns).

Kind of a let down since they made steps towards immersion with flowing hairs and clothing...one step forward, two steps backwards.

Edited by MisterGibson

I think it was probably done because the number of weapon modifications and layered armour made it too much work to make sure they all rendered properly without any clipping or weird behaviour so you can probably mod it in but it may look/act a bit weird

I have a bad feeling the decided to do this because they added the new armor slots - they removed the weapon slots to make room for armor slots.

I bet the slots on your char is the same as Skyrim - :-(

Well, fortunately the mod community is really good at making improved skeletons. I am sure that when the new G.E.C.K. comes out we will have holster mods very quickly.