Will I be able to run it?

Zackareth

I really really REALLY can't wait anymore. These last two days are gonna be pure 100% agony.

What I wanted to know is, with my current specs, will I be able to play the game?

To begin with no I don't care about 60 fps, I'm good to go with even 20 fps, so long as it doesn't stutter in a way that makes it very hard to aim and stuff it's fine for me.

Nor do I care about having god rays and uber graphics and blood so realistic it actually drips off of my screen or other stuff, all I want to know is if it will be in a playable state and if so, how much I can push the graphics if I have any room for that.

My specs are:

GTX 850m

8 GB Ram

i7-4710HQ 2.50 GHz

Fundamentally, my problem is that I'll have my PS4 with the copy sent by next month, but I really want to play it now and am REALLY tempted to preorder it on steam too.

Kind of pointless if it's unplayable though.

Please, tell me I don't have to jump off the hype train now, we're only a couple stops away! :sad:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your ram is fine and the graphics card will hold up, I'm not sure what the graphics would be but I'd say some place around medium or medium high. Your processor is what's killing you, the min requirements are 2.8ghz but thats with an i5. You have an i7 so I'm going to say yes it should run but you might be playing on low high. I'd wait for more experienced people to help out.

Well, it's just a momentary solution to survive up to next month once I get my PS4 and the game to have an optimal experience.

For now, I just want to mess around, so I'd be fine with being on very low settings as well. The only thing I'd care a bit about is draw distance to be able to scout out enemies and stuff from farther away, but even if that cannot be, I'll get over it.

I'll just have to lie down in a corner and cry myself to sleep until 10 november midnight. Which is probably what I'll do in any case, 'cause I seriously can't wait anymore.

Good part is, I get paid on the 8/9 and Fallout comes out on 10. Lady Luck's smiling on me this month. :laugh:

Game requirements according to Steam.

MINIMUM:

Processor: Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent

Memory: 8 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

Hard Drive: 30 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:

Processor: Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent

Memory: 8 GB RAM Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent

Hard Drive: 30 GB available space

I wouldn't really suggest trying.

While you might be able to squeak by with less than minimum settings by closing down almost every application and turning down all settings, you will almost certainly be seeing severe performance problems. Things like NPCs standing vacant (more than normal), excessive stuttering, excessive loading times, and frequent crashes. Or it may, straight up, decide to not even launch. With an older i7 you can't just go on raw ghz, but also have to be aware of the model and the architecture present. A quad core will preform better than a hex or octo core, but only if the application doesn't make use of multitasking.

Aw shucks...

I'll try anyway, in case it doesn't go well, my flatmate's desktop pc has some preeeeetty good specs, so in case I'll just take over his room.

fml for buying a laptop, lol.

EDIT1:

And anyway, thanks for your extremely quick answers. ^_^

If anyone else has any say in this to give me hope or further confirm that it's pointless to even try running it on the laptop, please do. Any help is greatly appreciated. ^_^

I'm gonna buy it in any case because I just can't hold on anymore, Bethesda will have my money, twice. But I have a feeling they deserve it. I feel like this game will rock for real.

By the way, this laptop can run The Phantom Pain with EVERYTHING maxed out at 1080p with 20 fps minimum, so MAYBE I'll have a chance to make fallout 4 run nicely on all low settings?

EDIT2:

My flatmate asked me to check for him as well, if you guys don't mind. I'm sorry I ask all of these questions but we're all pretty hyped to say the least and we're going kiiiiind of mental about all of this.

If you'd be so kind to give me an answer for these ones as well, I'd say it should run just fine like this, hopefully? I'm not much of an expert unluckily, I've always been a console peasant my whole life and am pretty much new to PC gaming. Thank you for your kindness. :)

AMD Radeon R7 200 Series with 4 GB (or so dxdiag says)

8 GB RAM

AMD FX-4300 Quad Core 3.8GHz

Should do, right?

Edited by Zackareth

Can I run Fallout 4, I have a new processor shipping from China (ebay) and its a Quad Core 3.6 but will my graphics card and RAM hold up all right?

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8500 3.2 GHz

Nvidia Geforce GT 620 2GB

8 Gb of RAM

Note: I don't particularly care how the game looks I just want it to be playable even on low graphics settings

Can I run Fallout 4, I have a new processor shipping from China (ebay) and its a Quad Core 3.6 but will my graphics card and RAM hold up all right?

8 Gb of RAM

Note: I don't particularly care how the game looks I just want it to be playable even on low graphics settings

3.6 quad core would likely still not be good enough to run the game in a playable state.

GT620 definitely wouldn't.

8 Gb of RAM

3.6 quad core would likely still not be good enough to run the game in a playable state.

GT620 definitely wouldn't.

Ok thanks for the help, good thing I haven't bought it yet sucks I won't be able to play it for a long time :(

Ok thanks for the help, good thing I haven't bought it yet sucks I won't be able to play it for a long time :sad:

Just means you'll probably be able to buy it on sale, after several patches and bugfixes, and after mods are available. Not such a bad thing.