Problem adding transparency for a coat > legs also transparent!

omar1975

Hi all and thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

I was trying to modify for my own use the super "blood with armor" mod made by "zerofrost" making a short dress version.

I follow all the tutorials and my problem is that when I make the bottom of the long dress/coat transparent, the legs behind the coat become transparent too as if the coat is converted into a kind of invibilization magical cloak.

I'm using Nifskope

http://s9.postimg.org/rrxspxtez/image.jpg http://s9.postimg.org/svhx1we23/image.jpg http://s9.postimg.org/mvu5y8t9n/image.jpg

The question is : what am I doing wrong ?

How can I only add the transparency to that piece of coat without making all objects behind invisibles too?

Thanks again for your help

It's a bit hard to tell from your images (they are very small and poorly lit)

I'm not familiar with that particular mesh, but it could be one of several issues -

a)There is actually no "legs" under the cloak = You see this often, though usually with dresses and capes, many parts of the mesh are removed, when they are "behind" some other part.

b) The original mesh uses a non-vanilla body part slot for the cape which meas you'll have to check not only the mesh but also the .esp in the CK - See here for a description of what I mean (Body Part Numbers)

It's a bit hard to tell from your images (they are very small and poorly lit)

I'm not familiar with that particular mesh, but it could be one of several issues -

a)There is actually no "legs" under the cloak = You see this often, though usually with dresses and capes, many parts of the mesh are removed, when they are "behind" some other part.

b) The original mesh uses a non-vanilla body part slot for the cape which meas you'll have to check not only the mesh but also the .esp in the CK - See here for a description of what I mean (Body Part Numbers)

Thanks a lot Perraine

There are legs under the model. That was sure and after my recent discoverd they are revaled partially.

I just discovered that using: "mesh" >> "stich strips" option I almost reveal all the interior except a strange strip

http://s16.postimg.org/ei0uvjwkh/image.jpg

It is not related with the textures, they are completely cleaned I rechecked two times.

And about the body parts, I don't know how to check that, but it must be a body full part.

Thanks again

There are legs under the model. That was sure and after my recent discoverd they are revaled partially.

I just discovered that using: "mesh" >> "stich strips" option I almost reveal all the interior except a strange strip

It is not related with the textures, they are completely cleaned I rechecked two times.

And about the body parts, I don't know how to check that, but it must be a body full part.

Thanks again

Edited by j_omar7

What body parts are assigned in the .esp file when you open it in the CK? They need to be exactly the same as the mesh file. Remember also that it will override any other item using the same slot, so '38 - Calves' may be what's causing the legs to disappear.

From what I can see in the .nif files, the NiTriShape for the armor mesh is set as a NiSkinInstance - It should be a BSDismemberSkinInstance. Try "Right Click" on the NiSkinInstance and go to 'Block -> Convert -> Bethesda -> BSDismemberSkinInstance.

Then in the bottom window of Nifskope, you'll see 'Num Partitions' -> Double Click on that and type in '2' and hit enter.

Now click on the little green double arrows a couple of times just below it to refresh the list, or until you see an arrow next to 'Partitions'

Open both of those and where it says 'BP_TORSO' double click on them, to edit them.

In the first one type in '32' and hit enter (= Body)

On the second one use '34' and hit enter (= Forearms)

Don't use "calves" on a body armor mesh as this is used by the Boots/Leggings normally, and could also be why the legs are disappearing.

Thanks again Perraine.

After some time sleeping I just done all the steps you indicate with a lot of hope .... but the result is the same :sad:

Maybe I'm not explaining well. The problem is not that the body(coat) hides another piece of armor (legs boots...) but that the body(coat) hides the legs that are in the same model.

This nif model is a long coat (on the back) with a complete leg/pants under it in the same model. When the transparency is activated the legs dissapeared too, The weird thing is that using: MESH > STRIPIFY the problem almost disapear except in a small zone in the left leg and upper part.

Thanks again for all your help and time, whatever other idea would be very welcomed.

Edited by j_omar7

Sorry, R/L needed my attention. Ok, I thin kwhat you are trying to do is remove the cape part from being shown? Looking at the texture's you have deleted the part of the texture corresponding to the cape?

If so, then the problem is that there is no Alpha Node in the NiTrishape. Right click on the NiTriShape -> Node -> Attach Property and select 'NiAlphaProperty.

This will add another node to the NiTrishape. With the new NiAlphaPropety highlighted

In the bottom window of Nifskope, click on 'Flags' - In the popup that appears, UN-tick 'Enable blending' and TICK 'Enable testing' -> In Alpha Test Function, select 'Greater' from the dropdown list and in the Alpha Test Threshold box put in '128'

Try that ...

Sorry, R/L needed my attention. Ok, I thin kwhat you are trying to do is remove the cape part from being shown? Looking at the texture's you have deleted the part of the texture corresponding to the cape?

If so, then the problem is that there is no Alpha Node in the NiTrishape. Right click on the NiTriShape -> Node -> Attach Property and select 'NiAlphaProperty.

This will add another node to the NiTrishape. With the new NiAlphaPropety highlighted

In the bottom window of Nifskope, click on 'Flags' - In the popup that appears, UN-tick 'Enable blending' and TICK 'Enable testing' -> In Alpha Test Function, select 'Greater' from the dropdown list and in the Alpha Test Threshold box put in '128'

Try that ...

YESSSS !!!!!

Oh thanks thanks a lot !!

I had the NiAlphaPropety highlighted but the last step is that I was missing to do.

Thanks, I've never be able to do it without your help