Bringing Nexus to Amazon AWS

kekkuz5

Hello Nexus staff,

I'm here to make a suggestion for the back-end Nexus (the one most people don't see or know about!).

I was reading the Fallout 4 article, in which you described the hardware upgrades you made to your severs: really nice work! The most interesting and inspiring thing is to see how much effort and commitment you put in this, and with time we've see a very reliable and fast architecture growing up; I don't know the numbers, but I'm sure you're serving a loooot of users and storing another loooot of bytes.

So I'm here to just say this: have you ever thought about moving all the infrastructure to a cloud provider? I know Amazon AWS, for work, use it every day, and gotta say, it's such a big improvement in both time and money on having to personally manage a cluster of web servers. Even if you wouldn't move all the house, because y'know, that might be quite a bit of work, you could use it as storage for all the mods (using the buckets) and maybe even use it to run the webapplication. That would really lighten the load on file traffic and network traffic from the Nexus servers, and I'm sure it will cost a lot less than mantaining all the infrastructure. Plus, a good bonus, is that the hardware is automatically scaled, so you pay for what your users (like me) effectively generate as amout of CPU and bandwith consumption.

Give it a thougth! :blush:

Happy gaming to you all!