Heavy Traffic ×

[WIPz] Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE)

behippo

I've hit a bit of a snag. I followed the above link's instructions to download the previous version of the executable so I could play with F4SE, then after F4SE was updated, I redownloaded the new executable and installed it again. I downloaded the new F4SE installer and installed it straight up. I didn't uninstall the old F4SE first and I'm not sure if I was supposed to. But now when I try to run F4SE, I get a message saying that the expected runtime version is 1.10.64 and since mine is 1.10.75 (the new one) various F4SE functions will be disabled. I really don't understand what's doing on here. I have the new F4SE and the updated game but it's telling me the "expected" version of the FO4 .exe is the old one? That doesn't make sense to me. I've since tried uninstalling F4SE and reinstalling, etc. Same thing is still happening.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah the joys of Fallout 4 updates, not realy to much of a problem just have to wait patiently for the F4SE team to update and modders mods that use it to do the same. Though saying that have come accross a strange problem. After the latest update to fallout 4 and the F4SE teams update to the script extender, when i run fallout 4 (using the latest mod organiser 2.1.1) two things occure 1.there is a few seconds delay befor the Fallout 4 main menu apears 2.when i tell fallout 4 to start a new game it does not it freezes and sits there loading forever pulsing its green ring as it does. This happens with mods active or no mods active at all through mod organiser, but here is the twist. if i run F4SE.exe from the steam fallout 4 directory directly it not only gets to the fallout 4 main menu with out issue i can also start a new game as normal (though as if i had run with no mods active just F4SE active). Has anyone else come across this issue ? because have tried everything e.g re installed fallout 4, mod organiser, F4SE and im stumped.

Is this because some of your F4SE mods need updating ?

Ah, so that would mean the problem is wiih the mods, not F4SE?

Correct S0vereign, to expand what Csbx hinted at, if you have updated your F4SE to the latest version and it still throws a message stating that there is a version mismatch then the problem is with the mods that use F4SE need updating to be compatable with the new version.

Is this because some of your F4SE mods need updating ?

Ah, so that would mean the problem is wiih the mods, not F4SE?

Correct S0vereign, to expand what Csbx hinted at, if you have updated your F4SE to the latest version and it still throws a message stating that there is a version mismatch then the problem is with the mods that use F4SE need updating to be compatable with the new version.

I can confirm this, i had the same problem and i only needed to update the MCM Mod to 1.4, after that the Games was running as usual, without the need, to update any further f4se or MCM reliant Mod.

• 1 month later...

Downloaded F4se file. Used installer. Got incompatibility error message. F4se_1_10_82.dll shows version 0.0.6.7. F4se_loader shows version 0.0.6.6. F4se_steam_loader.dll shows version 0.0.6.6. Used uninstaller. Downloaded F4se again and used the 7z files, which I've used the last several versions with no problems but someone suggested using the installer to see if that fixed the problem. It didn't. So, what to do next? Wait for Creation Crap to do another update so that it "breaks" F4se and wait for another f4se update afterwards?

You obviously did something wrong. I reinstalled F4SE yesterday too. Extracted 7z archive to steamapps\common\Fallout4, overwrote the old files and went on my merry way. Everything fine.