Console Command Confirmation Thread

MrsHandy

I was hoping that someone could help me out, i told Dogmeat to stay put so that he would not get hurt when doing a quest and when i finished the quest i could not find him again.

So i was hoping that someone knows the ID for him.

Dogmeat's ref ID is 0001d162. Try that.

I scanned through the pages and it seems like there's some lack of clarification regarding the showlooksmenu command. If you want to edit the player character, input the following command - slm 14 1. You can also fully edit the appearance of most human NPCs by inputting the slm command followed by their ID. Just open the console and click on the desired NPC to get their ID. For example, let's say you want to edit Piper. Her ref ID is 00002f1f, so you would input the following -- slm 2f1f 1.

Also, can anyone confirm whether or not the spf command works? In Skyrim, this command would export your character as an .npc file. It's listed as a function for FO4 and I didn't get any error message when I input the command, but it doesn't seem to actually do anything.

Thank you very much :smile:

Can anyone confirm that the console comand "player. placeatme" works? I tried to use it to get Dogmeat back, but no luck.

IIRC some commands use the 'ref ID" and some use the 'Base ID" I think that 'placeatme' is one of those ... Try swapping the Base ID / Ref ID and see if that works?

Ok, sorry for the stupid question, but how do i find Dogmeat`s base ID? I have tried to use "help Dogmeat 0" in the console but all i got was dialogs and animations stuff as far as i could tell.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if the right thread, but nyeh, whatever :ermm:

Also not sure if this is known, and I'm just very slow.

I found that neat little command which could be useful for screenshot lovers, that allows to set facial animation "mood range". Meaning, one set will roll sad animations, one happy animations, depressed, sarcastic, and so on and so forth. Animations stay through playing idles, at least for a while. Command works on player and npc's, also during dialogue.

changeanimarchetype (caa for short)

Use it in conjunction with archetype keyword i.e. animfacearchetypesad will change facial animations to those in "sad" range.

To find the right keywords type in the console: help archetype 0. Lines with KYWD in front, and starting with animarchetype should work.

TL;DR

To change facial expression choose an actor, use caa followed by animfacearchetypesad, animfacearchetypeangry, animfacearchetypesurprised, etc.

Edited by zumika

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For base -and ref- IDs on just about everything in the (vanila) game I use this: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_characters (for characters) http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_items (For items) etc etc. Of course I cannot remember if you need the base ID or the ref ID :facepalm: But if one doesn't work the other one does.......... :whistling:

player.placeatme (ID) works well for placing any NPC next to you. For adding an item I recommend player.additem (ID) instead.

just my two cents :smile: