No ini or "save" game files

erniepie

Trying a fresh reinstall. Pre-installed and the game launches, video settings are detected to ultra, then play and the screen is only partially filled (1080p) 90 minutes play time so far but stopped because nothing is saving and its not full screen. Auto save takes effect but their in no ini file or save file in users/docs/games.... tried twice to copy/ paste/ verify catch in Steam with no luck, same thing over and over. Saved the Data folder only and deleted local content and now waiting for 7hr download. Anyone else have this issue?

in your users\username\documents\my games\fallout 4\saves is where the savegames should go. If they vanished, google Virtual Store Location to figure out where they potentially went.

You can use the console command 'forcesave' (without quotes) and see if that ends up doing anything.

It sounds like a permissions issue. if it's lreated to that a good hint/habit with games is to make sure it's placed in a custom folder. for example, instead of C:/program files (86)/etc make a new steam save location like C:\games. When you start the game installation in steam, at Choose Location, use the dropdown to create a new location. (it will probably say another drive but you can change that afterwards), Create a new folder as high/root as possible (like C:\Games) so you can forever rule out any permission problems with games.

Whenever you post something like this, be sure to supply your operating system and any other important details like if you experienced similar things before, etc :).

Thanks for the reply.

Windows 10 64

amd 8350 at stock 4.0

270x GPU, latest driver- no overclock

Game is Installed on separate drive with other Steam games

virtual store I did not find any files that had been created today, just an old minecraft file. Nothing related.

Possible a background program could be causing the issue but i'll have to wait to test once downloading is complete.

Ok- reinstall not needed!
Windows 10.....
Go too the fallout 4 folder and click over to the applications tab on the top. highlight it and click on the "run as administrator". Now right click (now available) run as administrator on the launcher (Fallout4Launcher). Bam! your INI folder has just been created and saved. Small screen before because it was not saved/ created.
Kind of tired now so if more help is needed I'll check back here later- Time to wander the waist-land!