Infinite loading screens?

whatiswrong

Check these things!

Update your geforce drivers to latest.

If you unlocked the frame rate cap run in fullscreen windowless mode

lastly if none of that works verify that the files aren't corrupt via steams integrity cache check.

Edited by KarnBishop

The loading stuff isn't just a case of your hardware.

i5-4690K 4.50GHz

16GB SD-DDR3 RAM

Asus Rog Matrix AMD Radeon R9 290X 4G

Loading time (directly to the diamond city outside area) takes approx 40~50 seconds to load. Interior (like the Railroad HQ) are loading approx 10~16s.

Sidemark: HDD and Hybrid SDD loading times.

Same areas, just wasting (yea, wasting, not using) my SDD capacity for a such bad optimized game, outside 8s, interior 4s.

Fallout 3 / NV: No matter where, loaded within seconds, on HDD.

Overall, the engine with its "New Lighting Engine" (aka codename Godrays) and the overall port of the game are ruining the fun of it. Even facing some gamebreaking bugs, like settlements going missing without any reason, having power/security/food issues without any sense, objects on the edge of a loaded grid are clipping, glitching and falling through bridges, houses, the surface level, etc.

Randomly teleporting around (happened me few times while using VATS, being teleported to a location where I was 5 seconds before), and more.

everything runs fine except load screens. they rev the processor quite a bit and take up to one minute to load

ooh ok when you said infinite i took that to mean you guys were stuck in some kind of never ending load loop like the original skyrim suffered from, but yeah as dark viper said certain areas are just poorly optimized, try turning godrays and shadow distance to minimum until optimization patches are released.

So I did not unlock anything. I have amd radeon and have latest driver. I did nothing to FPS. default.

I am getting some really slow load screens.

so should I try windowed mode? if I understand correctly.

I have windowed mode checked but the game runs full screen

the only lag I have is load screens

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I think I may have found a fix for PC. I had the same problem you did so I did some troubleshooting and I found out the glitch might be caused by having to many saves. I got my game to work by making a new folder called backups than going into Documents - My Games - Fallout 4 - Saves. And copying a whole ton of saves into the new folder and deleting the ones in the original folder. (keeping in mind that any save files that were glitched should just be deleted) This has worked a few times now so I figured I'd post it. I hope it works for you!