Low framerate around downtown area

Deleted4363562User

Frames drop down to as low as 30 in the downtown area, depending on where you're looking. Afterburner shows CPU and GPU no where near max. Seems like lots of people are having this issue.

EDIT: Still testing, but it seems that the problem is directly tied to Shadow Quality and Distance. Lower Shadow Quality to High and Shadow Distance to Medium. Everything else can go to Ultra.

yep, seems as though when one core gets around 70% the slowdowns appear.

i had to up my overclock to 4.8Ghz to get up to 60fps in the worse areas of the game.

you remember when skyrim was launched without sse code optimizations? it caused the same problems, i wonder if its a similar issue?

I have not noticed a 70% CPU usage/slowdown correlation. In fact, I'm not sure that I've seen any core hit 70% usage. I'm sure one has, but I haven't seen it yet, and I certainly haven't seen it happen when the frames have dropped. I'll keep an eye out for that though.

In any case, I hope they patch it. In most other places, regardless of NPCs, combat, or detailed objects, I get between 80 and 120 frames. Luckily, the game still looks good on Medium, which is where I have to set it to guarantee 60 fps no matter what happens or where I go.