Why do people hate Fallout 4 so much?

DreadedKat

There is two sides, the hating one and the loving one.

The one who hate it expect a major improvement of every aspect and just played TW3. The loving ones are like moms, okay with the flaws and play with them.

Criticizing is easy, creating is hard. If you're going to attack something, have something to present that can fix it.

Better start bashing EA then.

I guess you mean explaining the faults and offer suggestions, if I get you wrong?

Edited by Boombro

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They say that no good RPGs have a voiced character but they do, The Dragon Age Series, Guild Wars 2, and others that get high praise. Another thing that they complain about is the graphics. I know games recently have been photo realistic, but if you judge a game by the graphics than you shouldn't be calling yourself a gamer. In the last two years there have been many good games that aren't photo realistic and expecting an A list game to look like that is just stupid.

First of all I don't hate Fallout4. I enjoy it for the most part. And even though I would have preferred a "mute" as a character the voice acting is done well IMHO. the lip-syncing not so much.

Also with the amount of hype leading up to the release I think it's impossible to NOT feel disappointed with the game.

With that said there are some things I don't like about F4: I don't like the console style UI. I don't like the favorites UI in particular. I don't like the workshop controls. I miss seeing my rifle on my back. I don't like it that my dialogue options are YES - NO - SARCASTIC or QUESTION.

I also like a lot of things in F4: I like the atmosphere - the glowing sea especially. I like exploring downtown boston. I like the dungeons. I like the settlements.(remember vanilla New vegas?)

The one thing that has really left me wondering is this:

How good could Fallout4 have been if Bethesda had put all the money they put into voicing the main character into more quests or more little details?

FOr me it's because the dialogue system is horrible and even more limited than that of a Bioware Game.

I can see that as being a good targeting for modding, and I have to agree.

I don't hate the game by any stretch but things like that are a step back, for me, for an RPG.

I am also told the story picks up after the beginning, at least some of the reviews said so.

Edited by Markmid

It is the internet. If it exists, someone will vocally hate it and provide no constructive feedback.

Plenty of people have given constructive negative feedback.

Some people simply don't like it, the same way some simply do. The ones who don't have no obligation to expand on their views the same way someone who says the do like it doesn't have to.

Don't get so mad about it, you still enjoy it and thats all that matters.

A lot of it is not that they actually hate the game, it is that they built it up so much in their own imagination how wonderful it was going to be that they are disappointed that it is not the super duper be all end all game that they imagined it was going to be. Reality was a big let down for them. They will still play the game, and enjoy it while still whining about how terrible it is. :tongue:

These are the same people that complain about how awful their job is, but don't bother to look for a new job.

Eh, it was clear already at E3 how this was going to turn out and every revelation about the game since then was totally expected. I expected something resembling a post-apocalyptic Far Cry clone, and what little I've played of the game so far confirms my every suspicion.

It was fun watching the Bethesda hype machine at work though.

I was going to buy the game once the GECK comes out to make some mods for it, but having tried it in action, I don't even know anymore.

someone hate's fallout 4 ? lol....

didint heard/read any hate yet. all my friends & myself are enjoying this game bigtime.
i'm just waiting for a way to increase the bullet cam where you actually can see the projectile flying in slow motion & waiting for enhanced blood xD
but still... best game of the year so far.