Why do people hate Fallout 4 so much?

DreadedKat

Graphics are fine, crafting system is the best of any game I've ever seen barring maybe minecraft I can break down anything and everything I find in the wasteland and significantly upgrade weapons and armor with a s*** tonne of different options. trading is kind of hard but we no longer have the I'm walking around with 50,000 bottle caps paying 30,000 for one gun which is better. Feels like a port a lot of the time which is a problem for me but ok you can get used to it. So much of the lack of forward progress is highly subjective, new A.I for monsters is incredibly improved looting the super duper mart actually felt more like a walking dead experience which maybe isn't for everyone but it was scary this time. Mirelurks tactically use their shell when fighting/advancing, dogs sideline and flank you using pack tactics instead of beeline, humans make use of cover, feral ghouls are still combat effective after blowing off a limb which happens a lot, (they are ghouls). Molerats burrow, (maybe needs to be nerfed a little). The wasteland for the first time is a really dangerous place only slight criticism is the lack of realistic kill shots i.e. if you shoot a raider in the head with no armor they shouldn't still be ok to fight. You can build up your own settlement, which is a little immersion breaking when you just scrap a whole house in 5 seconds and it seriously needs some cleaning/landscaping tools but nothing a mod wouldn't fix.

People who are getting shitty because they wanted more or something different well ok fair enough, but if you look at the game for what it is regardless of anything else you can still get something which is definitely higher than a 5 in my book, also I'm usually pretty critical of stuff not just some fanboy. Give it 6 months with patches and mods before going overboard with the judgement.

I Agree

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this rate Fallout 5 will be a Grand Theft Auto game.

Yes it's good that they have spent time on improving the action aspect of the series, but they have nearly stripped it of it's role playing elements.

I hope the creation kit is released soon because I don't find the game very enjoyable at the moment.

Yes it's good that they have spent time on improving the action aspect of the series, but they have nearly stripped it of it's role playing elements.

I hope the creation kit is released soon because I don't find the game very enjoyable at the moment.

You mean we will have cars and driver aircraft?! Oh joy!

It will be out in 2016.

You mean we will have cars and driver aircraft?! Oh joy!

It will be out in 2016.

No he means that player choice will be even further limited and maybe even ahving a fixed and pre-defined player charactar with the optiont o change their lcothes and igve them a haircut if you're lucky.

I must admit I was shocked to see just how poor the graphics are, there really isn't any excuse for a 2015 game to look like that. My Morrowind and Oblivion look better.

Added to which my character is stuck in a set of power armor and can't unequip it...

Roll on the Creation Kit and some mods...if I can't get that heap of junk off my toons back I am off back to TW3 and Skyrim!

I must admit I was shocked to see just how poor the graphics are, there really isn't any excuse for a 2015 game to look like that

There is, it a game seven years in the making with a game engine that just as old.

In the other hand, while the textures are for some reason low res. The models look well made. Monsters, armors and building kit have many types and they just great. The game will look stunning with HD textures.

http://i.imgur.com/E74ryfU.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/Yj6kgnL.jpg?1

They say that no good RPGs have a voiced character but they do, The Dragon Age Series, Guild Wars 2, and others that get high praise. Another thing that they complain about is the graphics. I know games recently have been photo realistic, but if you judge a game by the graphics than you shouldn't be calling yourself a gamer. In the last two years there have been many good games that aren't photo realistic and expecting an A list game to look like that is just stupid.

People are upset with Fallout 4 because Bethesda made several incredibly stupid decisions:

- The player character has certain predetermined qualities. Notably, he or she has a family, which is a very defining characteristic. People like myself who don't want to have a family any time soon are immediately estranged from the player character. This is not how you want to start an RPG.

- Skills are out. Not only do skills support more complex, interesting, and entertaining gameplay, but they serve as another way to define your character. Removing skills provided no benefit and came with substantial downside.

- Dialogue wheels are in. Again, when what you read isn't what you say, it estranges you from the player character, which is one of the worst things that can happen in an exploration/story-oriented RPG.

- Quest markers. They hurt a player's sense exploration. That's about all I'm going to say.

- Combat is still lacking. If the game doesn't have good character progression, story, or exploration, it better have great combat. Compared to Dark Souls or Borderlands 2, the combat in Fallout 4 just sucks.