All the hate

Kexon

I don't know why you all are hating on this game so much. This game is a masterpiece, of course with the rpg element reduced, but it doesn't change the fact that this game is so much fun! I enjoy every mission and they're so well made.

I also look so much forward to the modding community.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours in and the story feels weak, I am told it improves though.

Honest opinions

Combat is nice and feels meaty, customisation is great, perk system is limited but okay (I don't feel I have the same options I had), openworld is fun as usual, settlement system is nice (I don't see the reply value in the settlement system but its been fun), locations are okay (i've seen no locations yet that made me wow, one factory was quite fun though) dialogue is limited and not giving me many options to be the character I usually want. - I've got lets be sarcastic, No or Yes so far, that's it with some haggling for money.

Again I am told the storyline improves which will be great, and I am sure the locations will improve as we go, I sure hope the dialogue options do become if not more varied at least more meaningful.

Minute men so far seem like a few guys and a dog, we'll have to see how many people can be put in a settlement to see if that angle makes sense to me.

-edit

Oh and power armor, rocks, but I am out of juice and its sitting at home. Attacking the big factory in power armor and hearing shots bouncing around, and sometimes on me was one of the most satisfying moments I can remember, as I tried to work out where I was being shot from.

Edited by Markmid

I don't know why you all are hating on this game so much

rpg element reduced

What did you guys expect? Fallout 4 being alot better than fallout 3? Look at fallout 1 & 2 and compare to fallout 3 & new vegas. What do you think most Fallout 1 & 2 players felt when fallout 3 was released at first? Hate. War probably never changes, but games do. Get over it. For gods sake, enjoy this beautiful masterpiece while you can, and enjoy it even more when mods release.

Think positive. Bethesda focused more on the combat, first-person shooter element than the rpg element. Then we have modders who create player-made DLCs, and enhance the rpg element and storyline. I'm currently at 10+ hours and enjoying the game to the max.

rpg element reduced

What did you guys expect? Fallout 4 being a lot better than fallout 3? Look at fallout 1 & 2 and compare to fallout 3 & new vegas. What do you think most Fallout 1 & 2 players felt when fallout 3 was released at first? Hate. War probably never changes, but games do. Get over it. For gods sake, enjoy this beautiful masterpiece while you can, and enjoy it even more when mods release.

Think positive. Bethesda focused more on the combat, first-person shooter element than the rpg element. Then we have modders who create player-made DLCs, and enhance the rpg element and storyline. I'm currently at 10+ hours and enjoying the game to the max.

People have different opinions, that's healthy.

When I saw some stream I was really disappointed.

But when I play it myself the magic is back.

I guess a lot of people just rely on what they see rather than there own playthrough

see users rating on metacritic vs users rating on steam: in one case people actually have to play the game to be able to rate it.

That right. But I was answering his question.

Personally, I having a lot of fun since I was RPing the wife herself. I have plans for a hunter/scavenger next and then some kind of unarmed build. Baston is so pretty, and I love the models. Codsworth been lovely too. I also found a teddy bear sitting on the toilet while reading a newspaper.

I was let down that there was no arena or a cat follower though.

I think beth is going the right way, but it hitting into stuff every now and then like street lamps in the way because the driver is sleepy.

rpg element reduced

What did you guys expect? Fallout 4 being a lot better than fallout 3? Look at fallout 1 & 2 and compare to fallout 3 & new vegas. What do you think most Fallout 1 & 2 players felt when fallout 3 was released at first? Hate. War probably never changes, but games do. Get over it. For gods sake, enjoy this beautiful masterpiece while you can, and enjoy it even more when mods release.

Yeah, but most opinions come from players who haven't played the game which leads to more players not wanting to play the game, and decides to join the hate train. It's just ridiculous.

rpg element reduced

Yeah, but most opinions come from players who haven't played the game which leads to more players not wanting to play the game, and decides to join the hate train. It's just ridiculous.

What? That's most flawed assumption ever. Hype bandwagon was strong in recent months. Now it will crash into concrete wall. And if my opinion stops anyone from buying this game than I'll be happy. This game is closer to Borderlands than Fallout when it comes to game mechanics. Problem here is simple: Borderlands is FPS - not RPG. And Fallout is supposed to be RPG. And in Fallout 4 with it's terrible dialogues and painfully streamlined character development we don't have basic elements of any RPG. Combat is good, weapon building system is also ok. Change the name and this game would be easily 7/10. As Fallout it barely reaches 5/10.