Hardcore Mode/ Eat, Sleep, Drink mod.

dantrog1

Really dissapointed they didn't carry this over from new vegas. I'm sure someone is already on this, but I thought it would be a good idea to post it here anyway. I use mods for this function in fo3 and skyrim for immersion. Plus it makes all of that food loot in both games worth something. This is really the only mod i absolutely need.

Inventory.

I think every body remember all these rebalance mods like Project Nevada, well I do.

Survival is about carring the stuff that can keep you alive,

But now with the base building thing. Every Item is usefull, (and so your inventory is like a f+++ing Black Hole !)

Back in the days of new vegas,

I changed the weight so I could only carry 2 or 3 weapons plus the survival stuff (water food stimpacks etc...).

And something like 20 or 40 lbs free for picking stuff to sell or junk I needed,

and guess what... It WAS GREAT !

I had only 100 lbs of weigth capacity, and everything made sense. 5 Strengh (base weight 50lbs Strengh multiplier 10lbs per points)

I only picked what I needed, light precious stuff to sell and tools to build stuff.

I was smart, I knew where to look for and didn't spent my days picking up everything like a zombie in fallout 4.

In fallout 4...

Lightweigth mods on guns are useless,

you can carry all of your ammo you ever found, you will almost never be full.

SO, I have THE IDEA.

lets talk about Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain just a sec.

You are mostly one guy on the field doing all the hard job, but you never bring back the steel and concrete to build mother base,

'CAUSE that the STAFF JOB !

So, what if your settler would loot all the junk for you.

instead of picking up junk, you mark it's location on your pipboy with a special key

and when you comme back to your settlement, you give the locations of the stuff you spotted to the settlers.

Then the guy would go there pick up the stuff and put it to your workshop inventory.

the more happy they are, the more junk they find.

This way, your pockets dosen't need to be a black hole and you spend less time carrying junk.

There is no need to script a guy to pick up everything he sees, but at least make it look like,

so we can bring back the IMMERSION into Fallout.

I don't have the talent to do this mod, but when the Creation kit is out, the first thing I'm gonna do, is rebalance the dammage system

like I did in Fallout NV. I'm gonna change the dammage multiplier on limbs and stuff, to make fallout 4 into an Hardcore FPS like Arma.

one 308 to the head or 4 in the chest should kill a supermutant regardless of level or anything.

last day I tried to kill a manggled legendary dog , it killed me. Damn I had a double barrel shotgun, I fired 4 shots to his head, but it shewed my leg and that did more damage F+++ !

We Need IMMERSION and REBALANCE.

Thanks, if you're a modder and like this idea, please copy and past it on a text file, so you can remember for the day the creation kit is out.

I think people forget that New Vegas was actually created by Obsidian. Bethesda has never included a 'hardcore' or 'realistic needs' option to their game. I wasn't really expecting them to do so this time around. I highly doubt they wanted to appear to be copying Obsidian's designs either, but knew that there needed to be something extra, hence survival mode.

That being said, I agree that this is a mod that needs to happen. I doubt it will until the GECK is released sometime next year though. I am curious as how to work a realistic needs with the survival mode. It should be pretty intense given the slow healing time in survival and damage buffs that the enemies get.