Hardcore Mode/ Eat, Sleep, Drink mod.

dantrog1

Inventory.

I think every body remember all these rebalance mods like Project Nevada, well I do.

Survival is about carring the stuff that can keep you alive,

But now with the base building thing. Every Item is usefull, (and so your inventory is like a f+++ing Black Hole !)

Back in the days of new vegas,

I changed the weight so I could only carry 2 or 3 weapons plus the survival stuff (water food stimpacks etc...).

And something like 20 or 40 lbs free for picking stuff to sell or junk I needed,

and guess what... It WAS GREAT !

I had only 100 lbs of weigth capacity, and everything made sense. 5 Strengh (base weight 50lbs Strengh multiplier 10lbs per points)

I only picked what I needed, light precious stuff to sell and tools to build stuff.

I was smart, I knew where to look for and didn't spent my days picking up everything like a zombie in fallout 4.

In fallout 4...

Lightweigth mods on guns are useless,

you can carry all of your ammo you ever found, you will almost never be full.

SO, I have THE IDEA.

lets talk about Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain just a sec.

You are mostly one guy on the field doing all the hard job, but you never bring back the steel and concrete to build mother base,

'CAUSE that the STAFF JOB !

So, what if your settler would loot all the junk for you.

instead of picking up junk, you mark it's location on your pipboy with a special key

and when you comme back to your settlement, you give the locations of the stuff you spotted to the settlers.

Then the guy would go there pick up the stuff and put it to your workshop inventory.

the more happy they are, the more junk they find.

This way, your pockets dosen't need to be a black hole and you spend less time carrying junk.

There is no need to script a guy to pick up everything he sees, but at least make it look like,

so we can bring back the IMMERSION into Fallout.

I don't have the talent to do this mod, but when the Creation kit is out, the first thing I'm gonna do, is rebalance the dammage system

like I did in Fallout NV. I'm gonna change the dammage multiplier on limbs and stuff, to make fallout 4 into an Hardcore FPS like Arma.

one 308 to the head or 4 in the chest should kill a supermutant regardless of level or anything.

last day I tried to kill a manggled legendary dog , it killed me. Damn I had a double barrel shotgun, I fired 4 shots to his head, but it shewed my leg and that did more damage F+++ !

We Need IMMERSION and REBALANCE.

Thanks, if you're a modder and like this idea, please copy and past it on a text file, so you can remember for the day the creation kit is out.

Agree with you. I have similar mind set about games. I also modded NV how stuff are managed.

I reduced carry weight to realistic true values taken from real life.

I read about soldiers and their training and their ability to carry stuff on field and how much they can carry and still be operational. Based on that I set max weight carry with maxed out strength vs strength 1

I also made aiming harder based on strength and tweaked which gun can be used by who so person with 2-3 strength could only use pistols :smile:

Limb damage is also thing that I modded. First town in NV I saved my game and started to test/have fun. I shoot at people and I noticed that some of them have unnatural bullet proof heads. I started to tweak those values and I reduced ability to aim at some body parts, I removed damage value from non essential body parts for example why I can kill someone shooting at his hand?!?!?! Bleeding now is in F4 (don't remember at all if it was in F3 and NV) so I would add bleeding instead of damage to limbs and only body center and head should have damage to overall HP.

I like that idea with settlers picking up stuff for us. With extra caps we would give them a job by sending them for such task. It would be cool if they would have more complex behaviors so brave ones would not hesitate to go out and those less brave would refuse or want more caps :smile:

But mainly they would require some protection so gun or other item for defending would add to their bravery.

Damn I cannot wait for realism/survival/basic needs MOD :smile:

Please, please hurry up guys in making such mod :]

Cant take the game seriously without this mod. Absolutely a must.

HAHA exactly. 100% true :)

Edited by c1g3

I agree with you so much! Although I would love to have another part to a basic needs mod, cleanliness. I mean yeah it's the end of the world, but why do we have all that detergent and soap if it doesn't serve? Maybe add the option to clean yourself in a river or at the water pump to boost the disease resistance and charisma, because no one wants to smell of ghoul and mirelurk when at home and talking with citizens or a love interest... Clean wounds = less chance of infection and worse disease after all. I mean we could take it further and add deodorant even, as it's made with "Aluminum" compounds IRL. Just add a wild flower to the mix and there you go, irresistible to all in this smelly dirty world. XD

Even we could add a debuff for going without sleep for too long, maybe camp out in the wilds would be cool too. I wonder if Chesko of Skyrim's Campfire (camping) and Frostfall mods is thinking of porting those awesome mods to Fallout 4...

I love this game, it's gonna be an addiction with the mods! :D

I just cannot play without having this kind of mod, without it the game doesn't feel immersive at all. So much useless food and water in my inventory. I'd really want to have Hardcore like in New Vegas, with the exception that Nuka Cola quenches your thirst instead or growing it for some reason.

Why isn't one out yet, does anyone know? Any estimates when we're probably going to have one?

I just cannot play without having this kind of mod, without it the game doesn't feel immersive at all. So much useless food and water in my inventory. I'd really want to have Hardcore like in New Vegas, with the exception that Nuka Cola quenches your thirst instead or growing it for some reason.

Why isn't one out yet, does anyone know? Any estimates when we're probably going to have one?

Agree 100%.

I'm actually back to playing FO3 with a 'survival needs' mod (IMCN) and all the high-resolution texture packs I could find.

After installing those texture packs the graphics actually look pretty close to FO4 now too so I don't really miss playing FO4.

At all.

Agree 100%.

I'm actually back to playing FO3 with a 'survival needs' mod (IMCN) and all the high-resolution texture packs I could find.

After installing those texture packs the graphics actually look pretty close to FO4 now too so I don't really miss playing FO4.

At all.

try Tale of Two Wastlands. If you run that you could stick to FO3's wasteland if you like but get all of NVs features and additions added to it without issue.

And once you beat the game, well, who said the Lone Wanderer didn't get a job as a Courier?

I can't wait until there is an eat/sleep/drink mod for FO4. For FNV and Skyrim, I can't play without it: it's no fun. It kind of kills immersion, too, not having this option.

There is a ton of food and drink all over the Boston area, but they're kind of useless atm. I guess I'll have to wait until the GECK is released.