Conversational modding concerns

DarkPurity

So, though I want to lose the 3rd person conversation and the protagonist voice, I do enjoy the NPC interaction. They seem more like people. And anyone who has ever swapped companions from Cait to Piper might find a hilarious reason why (2 out of 3 majority win, Piper).

The problem I see going forward is the lack of voice acting from the Sole Survivor. Since it was there, mods will have more trouble not feeling like mods. NPC we can do...I recall two fantastic female characters added in Skyrim (a hot drunk girl with a huge ego) and NV (a cute blond who meets you on the road and lost her teddy bear) as examples of added gameplay with studio quality voice acting and character design.

I guess in the end this is a request to shut the S.Survivor up or, for bonus points, let us replace the voice acting with our own.

Actually what I would love to see is a mod that removes the SS voice, but also a mod that provides voice recognition akin to Dawnguard for Kinect. If I could say "Hey Cait" and pop her commands open, for instance.

Really just shut SS up, force first person camera in all dialogue and cutscenes, and an option on characters having voice recognition to at least get their attention. I know it's a dialogue overhaul but it's a combination of mods we have seen done before.

Not every one hates the main character's voicing, it's just that people are less, well, vocal about what they like (as opposed to what they hate). I for one love the female SS's voice.

That right it well done. But the almost none existing RP made questing less fun. It made the game mediocre.

Dont mind the voice acting even though i would have liked more voice options, but i would have prefered the list for dialogue options instead of the four buttons. Simply allows for more options to choose from and something which would fit your play through more.

I very much like the voiced character. I am glad its part and hope it stays in the fallout series. As far as modding, I am fine with no voices for interactions, or very basic voices (yes, no, hmm, etc.)

I think the 1st person voice will allow for greater options in midding, not less. so looking forward to seeing what the community does with that huge pool of soundclips at their disposal

But, I imagine many will simply opt out of adding voice interactions to their modding.

I think the voice should be removed and, alongside, the dialogue ui should be revamped and changed to Fallout 3's and NV's. In the new UI, the dialogue of what the SS will say will be written in full so that the NPCs respond exactly the same. After that, it should feel like the old games again.