Display Settler Role/Job/Assignement

TheIceBadger

Hi,

Something I found strange and also a it annoying is that when you want to assign settlers to do things you have no idea if they are already assigned to something else (like farming, security or a store)

It would be nice that when in the Workshop mode, that when you look at someone and they highlight, next to where their name shows an icon of what they are assigned to would show, or just replace their name with what they do, so farmer or guard instead.

This would make managing settlers more enjoyable.

Thanks!

Edited by PirateTinman

Does everyone have low memory problems like me?

You can give them stuff to wear, it a cool idea.

No memory issues as far as I know.

Yeah it works on smaller fewer settlements, but having to get all the similar gear and making sure that new settlers that arrive would not wear that same stuff would be the issue, all I would want is just a quick little icon or something that would identify them right away without me having to do anything extra other than telling them what to do.

Actually the clothing idea its very clever, any suggestion of which clothe to which assignment(with console codes if possible), I'm particularly confused when the settlement reach trading level, so you need a settler for each store, my solution was to use the same in all (Stu) as i need to buy/sell.

Most of my guards with the best gear also have patrolman glasses. I also use the postman hat because it looks like an old cop hat with a badge on it. Riding leathers are also layerable and look better. But between hats, glasses, and the rest of the gear I've been doing exactly what Boom was suggesting from the start.

All that said, I too would still like to see a bit more control / efficiency over management. With as many settlements as there are in the game I can see it becoming tedious (ringing the bell -harvesting while I wait-, upgrade gear, assign new tasks, etc.).

YES PLEASE! I'm currently collecting armor and clothing sets to put all my workers in different uniforms. That would be good to automatically dress them and changer their name to their new role when you assign them a job. Farmer, Guard, Trader, Provisioners, Scavengers, etc.

I hope this gets made soon. I'm sure it'll be made, I just would like it now. ;)