Display Settler Role/Job/Assignement

TheIceBadger

+1. Right now the only indicator in the game is that if you look at a person and they get highlighted, what they do gets highlighted too. Only helpful if you can see it of course. So the plants a farmer tends light up, or a storefront. Not sure if a guardpost does.

In addition to the local jobs, I think the Provisioners need to have a display that shows what route they are supplying, like Sanctuary --> Red Rocket. That way you know where their home is (the first settlement) and you can rehome them if you need or change their destination, or both.

+1. Right now the only indicator in the game is that if you look at a person and they get highlighted, what they do gets highlighted too. Only helpful if you can see it of course. So the plants a farmer tends light up, or a storefront. Not sure if a guardpost does.

In addition to the local jobs, I think the Provisioners need to have a display that shows what route they are supplying, like Sanctuary --> Red Rocket. That way you know where their home is (the first settlement) and you can rehome them if you need or change their destination, or both.

+1 to both suggestions, maybe in data tab of pipboy, you could click the specific settlement and see how many are assign (so many times ive assign a farmer to guard duty or scavenge shop). BTW, yes guardpost get highlighted, but in some case its all guard posts that get highlighted, which makes it confusing a bit when assigning guards to them. Each guard raise by 2 defense value, but sometimes its hard to tell if you have assign people to each post built .

And yes we should see maybe in show supply line or anything else what route provisioners are on. IMO, it should be Home settlement => supplied settlement, in that order.

Edited by Bellumaro

• 5 weeks later...

Maybe this thread is a month ago but i guess its still a problem for most players.

is it possible to make a mod wich assigns free settlers automatically ?

Or a mod where things dont need to be assigned. expample: Melon is already in an assigned state.

Assignment is the pure horror because u never know who is free or not.

Edited by TheChris80

There might be a possible way to easily put the correct clothing on settlers.

You can easily create a bat file yourself, it's literally just console commands in a notepad file.

As seen in this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/471/? when you use console to select an npc and type "bat followme" (followme being the name of the text file) the game simply runs the console commands line by line from the text file on the selected target. In this mods case it just alters your relationship status with the target and forces them to be your follower.

If you made a file that replaced their inventory with certain clothes and weapons (in theory) they should use these items since there aren't any others in their inventory.

To summarise you simply open console, type in "bat farmer" while a farmer is selected and it gives them a specific inventory.

p.s Please reply if I explained this badly, I do want to help.

There might be a possible way to easily put the correct clothing on settlers.

You can easily create a bat file yourself, it's literally just console commands in a notepad file.

As seen in this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/471/? when you use console to select an npc and type "bat followme" (followme being the name of the text file) the game simply runs the console commands line by line from the text file on the selected target. In this mods case it just alters your relationship status with the target and forces them to be your follower.

If you made a file that replaced their inventory with certain clothes and weapons (in theory) they should use these items since there aren't any others in their inventory.

To summarise you simply open console, type in "bat farmer" while a farmer is selected and it gives them a specific inventory.

p.s Please reply if I explained this badly, I do want to help.

u explained it fine, except if one was to want to add 'modified' weapons/clothing/armor u cannot (AFAIK there is no way to 'target' an item, in a container/inventory and add a mod to it, the only way I know is plopping the item on the ground and selecting its 'current' ID (not base) and modding (add mod) - but this CAN be done with stacks (IE: drop a stack of 20 military fatigues and add ballistic fiber to the whole stack, then hand out 1 at a time)

Quite a while ago I requested help with what console commands one could do to do this same thing, except i wanted to 'ballistic fiber' the clothing and mod the weapon (My thought was fatigues+hat+stun baton on every settler)