Show dialogue options.

Flamereaper

I like old school RPGs where you pick a dialogue option and it says exactly what it says, instead of just a vague hint or a tone description, so I was wondering if the game might point to a specific line for each dialogue option, and if a mod could show that whole line, instead of the one word options. Obviously not possible if it just points to an audio clip, unless someone transcribes them all.

It would also be awesome, if the options were a list, and you could pick with numbers, instead of the compass, with arrow selection (kb&m controls in mind here).

There is a trend to do the "What You See Is Not What You Get" thing, like in Deus Ex where it at least didn't break *often*.... but I still found it very annoying.

I don't know what the rationale behind it is, since you're guaranteed to end up disappointed sometimes. Probably just wanted bigger text and less of it for consoles, and limiting the number of choices to 4... for consoles.

I would much rather have actual dialogue, but that's a *huge* project for a modder - and I'm sure it would require changing the selection menu shape.