DeadlyAzuril's lore friendly realism mod

DeadlyAzuril

Hey all,

I was the author of the discontinued Thu'mic mod for skyrim. anyway new bethesda game means a chance to make new mods!

Im thinking as we get the tools some more realism in the game to take the training wheels off is in order, and would welcome any suggestions.

also note - late game content and or story content keep free here, talk in large brush strokes - be smart about what you type. spoiler free zone.

1) Fast Travel
Fast Travel should not come without a price. either of food or running into enemies en route (ala fallout 1 and 2) - I would say both.
Also this would ofcourse come at a price of power armor aswell, no more teleporting that suit without losing any of those precious fusion core battery.

2) Survival
Hunger / Tiredness
These should have realistic (but still fun) implications for the player. Im playing Survival - I want to feel like im surviving!

Ill come up with more and add them here as time goes on - and as we get either mod tools or a script extender I can start implementing :)

Cheers
Az

You could shortcut a lot of work by making the power armor the form of fast travel, similar to the motorcycle in FWE for FO3. You could also just use a craftable vehicle and make it use fusion cores.

Fat travelling power armor? How is this logical?

Like the car idea though. Some of the rids looks sweet!

How about to combine the two? Have some sort of car that has a power armor stand to move it around better, like a mini house.

Would love to see a delevelled mod to make the game more challenging and realistic.

- Delevel the enemies, so that the enemies have fixed levels.

- Delevel the heroin, so that you don't become a demi-god. Instead the way to become powerful is to learn new skills and find new items.

This setup will mean even the lowest enemy can be dangerous throughout the play-through if not treated with respect. And the toughest enemies will always be an incredible challenge.

This is realistic, just like real-life.

- Delevel the enemies, so that the enemies have fixed levels.
- Delevel the heroin, so that you don't become a demi-god. Instead the way to become powerful is to learn new skills and find new items.

Those are in game. Areas are scaled, and the perks and skills are optional. You don't have to pick anything that makes you OP.

Here is how I am invigining the fast travel to work - if possible.

POWER ARMOR
You begin fast travel, if you are in power armor - this will eat up fusion cores realistically using some simple fuel consumtion mathamatics.
when all power cores are used, fast travel ends at the correct distance travelled on the map. either that or you arrive and the fuel has been used.

FAST TRAVEL
Now, for both in PA and on Foot - there will be a system similar to fallout 1 and 2, which invovles random enemy encounters, or maybe even some little lore friendly suprises.

for those unaware, FO1 and FO2 did not have an open world - it had areas that you would essentially fast travel between, with random encounters along the way.
\
This way, we preserve the idea of 'fast travel' but make it more lore friendly, and much less easier on the player.

(when I mention easier, I only refer to hand holding - its completely unrealistic you can just teleport your PA anywhere and makes the game far too easy even in survival)

LEVELLING
As for all the levelling requests, there will be people that will put far more effort into this and I will leave it to them. Im yet to have too much of an issue with it.