Forum Vigilantes

Dark0ne

I've noticed as of late that many people on the forum are trying to take the law into their own hands and indicate to the moderators when threads have been wrongly bumped, resurrected or spam is occuring. This not only gets frustrating when others are trying to do our jobs (we are perfectly capable, don't worry) but also sparks a new discussion in threads about whether or not said thread has been resurrected or not. Its getting a tad annoying...

I'd like to point people to the "Report Post To A Moderator" feature. I check my email daily so reported posts will be checked up on. The only member known to actually use this feature effectively is Peregrine *claps*

So, when you see an example of thread necromancy, spamming or wrong doing don't start replying to the thread with reasons why it should be deleted et cetera, because more than likely your post will be deleted too and you'll be affected by the same -4 post count deducted the spammers get.

So, conclusion: Use report moderator feature, don't start telling people what they can and can't do. Thats our job.

Thanks.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes what Dark0ne said but, Dark0ne, what Report feature?? It still doesn't work for me. I've never received any emails reporting a bad thread... ever. :huh:

Well I have made the odd report directly by PMing the Moderators as they can confirm. I wasn't aware of the other feature I will check it out. Sometimes, though, a reply is an attempt to be helpful and stop the other person getting slammed. But I will accept the hand smacking and not do again sir. Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full sir!

I haven't received any reported posts either, just the occasional pm. Could someone perhaps report a post and then let us know in this thread that this was done, so we can check that the feature actually works?

I usually check my e-mails several times a day, and the last time I received a 'reported post' e-mail was several months ago....

I'd like to point people to the "Report Post To A Moderator" feature. I check my email daily so reported posts will be checked up on. The only member known to actually use this feature effectively is Peregrine *claps*

Strange, I've used it once or twice (re: backinblack), so it obviously hasn't worked properly for me. :huh:

Nothing received yet.

I'll keep checking my e-mails - but if it doesn't reach my inbox within the next hour or so I think it's safe to assume that the feature is not working.

Either that or my e-mail server suffered heart failure again....

EDIT: I have just sent myself an e-mail - which arrived promptly...so I guess my ISP isn't to blame (this time :lol:). Still no reported post.

Well, it has been an hour since the post was reported, and there's still nothing in my mailbox - so I think we can assume that the 'Report to Moderator' feature isn't working correctly.... <_<

Could I ask everyone who wants to point out that a post contains SPAM, flaming, constitutes necromancy, is in the wrong forum or that a thread should be locked sends a PM to a moderator as well as reporting the post - at least until the report function can be fixed.