acelogan

Just a few suggestions for mods I would like, as well as existing mods that closely match some of those desires. I'll update as I am able.

General:

• Fallout 4 INI settings & configurations;
  • Same Sex Start;
  • Core Robots
  • More Eyebot Designs; or, perhaps floating Synth Heads/Torsos?
  • Enhanced Keybinds:
  • Commonwealth Interiors Project: more building interiors to explore
  • Expanded/New Areas: Rockport, Gloucester, Worcester, Plymouth, Cape Cod, Quabbin Reservoir, etc.
  • Water & Food Purification (inventory): This is already possible at cooking stations, which seem to be quite plentiful in the game.
  • StashAway: A portable stash mod for the "On the Go Hoarder"
  • Inventory Sorting & Tags;
  • Locked Favorites: can't accidentally drop favorites without prompt.
  • Location Specific Notes (map marker creates note)
  • Glowing Loot: Indication aura making hard to find items easier to spot (immersion breaking);
  • More Power Armor skin/paint schemes.
  • Real-World Location Names: i.e. Boston International Airport=Logan International Airport.
  • Doors & Gates Close: Mod to make NPCs close doors and gates after they've stepped through (or automatically close after X amount of time).
  • Lockable Doors: Mod which allows the player to lock certain doors- within reason - to keep out infiltrating enemies (without using console).

Companion Mods:

Loot:

• More Scavengable Items: we can take brooms & cans, but not wooden crates?
  • Searchable Vehicles: cars, trucks, trains, etc. - seems odd that you can't find random loot in vehicles.
  • Expanded Searchable Appliances: TVs, stoves/ovens, cabinets, etc. - these items outside of settlements are just useless and needlessly wasting space, why wouldn't there be anything in them?

Quests:

• Quest Alert Ping: informs you of a non-discovered nearby quest activation (does not point to it, just alerts you there's onein the vicinity, allowing you to find on your own).
  • Quest Levels: shows the quest level in pip-boy menu.

Settlements:

• Increased Settlement Settler Cap - currently, settlements can only have a maximum of 20 people.
  • A wider FOV while placing things, including 3rd person view (Birds-Eye Construction).
  • Adjusting placement distance with scroll wheel needs refinement tweaking.
  • Shrubbery and Corpse removal.
  • Horizontal Rotation axis in build mode.
  • Improved item elevation adjustments in build mode.
  • Ground Level Adjustment: flatten and level uneven ground.
  • Paths, Walkways, & Streets: I would like to see paths and walkways on the ground, be they dirt, gravel, brick, stone, paved, wood planks, or metal. Just some way to improve or hide the ugly cracked roads, and add some semblance of a civilized society.
  • Refined Snap-To Placement; A better tweaked placement system altogether would be nice; its really tough to place things properly in tight spaces when you can't see, or the surface isn't perfectly level.
  • More item models & texture choices: (brick walls, garage doors, furniture, etc.);
  • Evil Settlements: Alternate to establishing a "Good Faction" to rebuild society, instead curate a settlement of anarchy and destruction - hire "Evil Factions", capture slaves, and wreak havoc unto the wasteland. Basically become a Warlord.

Many of these (or similar) exist for Fallout 3 & New Vegas, and even Skyrim to an extent, and would be nice to see carried over. I'm sure more ideas will come to me as time passes, and I see other suggestions throughout the Nexus and other sites. Some of these may be made soon, or have already been made since posting this; I plan to try to keep it updated - with links - as often as I am able, as mods are added that fit the mod idea - even loosely related.

'@' - Mods I'm currently using/testing.
'#' - Mods I think are interesting, but not yet using.
'$'- Mods I endorse.

Please remember: ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR UNMODDED ("VANILLA") FALLOUT FILES! All of them. This will save you much headache and time in your modding experience. Do yourself a favor and do it... right now.
I cannot stress that enough.
I like to create a folder on a separate drive, or partition, and call it 'Fallout4 Vanilla Backup'. Place the following files there;
Fallout4.exe
Fallout4Launcher.exe
Fallout4.ini
Fallout4Prefs.ini
/Data (the entire folder)

Please feel free to comment

*Always use mods at your own risk, thoroughly read the installation & setup instructions, and check the comment sections. Be a well informed, educated, responsible, and respectable mod community member.

Edited by acelogan