RoC93

Sup,

does anyone know if you get special benefits when finishing the game with a faction?

For example: If I finish the game with the Institute, do I get a Synth perk or something similar?

Also: When I finish the game, will I be hostile towards the other factions I didnt help?

Answers are appreciated :)

What are the factions/questlines anyway? I finished with the Institute, and I'm sure the BoS and Railroad have their own endings, but is that it? Can you 'end' the game without those factions?

tbh... i don't see how.. You can totally ignore the brotherhood, and the Minute-men.. but you will at least need the Rail-road for decoding the chip... and once you done that.. then what ?.. you need someone to build the teleport device... you can use the minute-man for that i suppose... but i don't know if you have to join them first though... And once in the institute, you can say no to 'Father' after which he sends you straight back to the elevator... But then what ?... So i would say... No, you cant finish the main storyline without one of those factions. Personally I have done the Institute and the minute-man. With the minute-men i said no to father, and the little fooker attacked the minute-men in a matter of hours.. which is the same as attacking you personally... So better have your defences ready...

Now i am pretty far into the Brotherhood of steel ending.. and as much as i liked them in Fallout 3.. i kinda dislike them in fallout 4.

I am beginning to suspect that just as with Dragon age Inquisition, the trip is much more fun then the destination. If that destination is "Finding your son" .. because even if you do, the world is still a chaos...

I thought about first getting the institute teleport device, and then kill your son. But how will you get out of there ?... you cant fast travel with enemies around... (which is bull if you ask me) But perhaps you can teleport ?... doesn't seem to be the same as fast travel.. never tried that. Or maybe wait until he deactivates that little copy.. and then kill him.. if you can. the game tends to freeze you if you want to do anything that should be possible, but would ruin the game storyline. And is killing Father also ending the Institute ?... or does he turn out to be a copy of the original ?... just in case you would do that ?.. me doesn't believe for a second that 'Father' is your son... me thinks that they used his DNA and then killed him, and you are talking to a fooking robot... but that's me... i am the suspicious kind...

After all.. killing your husband and stealing your child is making their intentions pretty clear to me.. they could have just wake you all up, explained the situation and just ask, if they have such good intentions, right ?..

Only time will tell....