Color Blind Mode

XxxAziexxX

Hi, everyone! I posted this on the Steam forum, but figured it might be taken more seriously here, so here goes.

Recently I was talking to my boyfriend about a quest and I asked him if he tried a certain speech check. He didn't know what I was talking about and quickly realized that because of his color-blindness (he has a hard time differentiating reds from greens), he missed a lot of the speech checks.

I was wondering if someone out there might be willing to create this mod as an ease of access type mod to improve the experience of our fellow Fallout lovers who happen to be colorblind. I have no idea how this would be achieved or if it could be achieved without the modding tools released, but hopefully this inspires someone! :smile:

makes sense to me... should be fairly easy to change the normal green text to blue or something. Isnt it related to the hud options though? Im unsure since Ive always preferred it to be green.

Hm... I'm not sure. Maybe I'll fiddle around with the UI colors to see if their settings change the colors of speech checks. I'm pretty sure they don't though since there's only RGB in the display options for the HUD and Pipboy. There doesn't seem to be an option to change speech check colors.

Ditto, if you find a solution I'd love to know. For me, a lot of colors blend together or look like another color, especially if the two colors in question are close to each other. I can't tell the difference between normal speech, easy checks and medium checks. The only difference I can see in the chat options are the red ones (only know it's red because I read that hard checks are red). Sometimes if I focus hard enough I can see a very slight difference though I have no clue which is which and the focusing like that hurts my eyes.

Desperate for a color blind mod too! Please modders help us with this one, as asking Bethesda was ignored.

Dialogue options all look the same colour as well as when base building - apparently there is green, yellow and red being used when recovering or placing objects when building - they all look the same colour :(

+1 im color blind too, its my daughter that brought this to my attention, charisma based convincing is of a different color (superb when you have a charisma character)!!! Get a hard time seeing the difference between the two (im also red/green guy, one green is plain gray to me, just saying)

Edited by Bellumaro

I am also color blind and made a post today (did not see this post, maybe even blind ;) ) Anyway I also have problems se the highlighted parts and containers when I have the perk for it. I dont understand how hard it can be for the dev to make it into the game. Like in Witcher 3, damn I was runing around using the witcher sens and did nott see what bodys that was highlightee. A whole new world when I found the colorblind settings. ;) Hopefully someone takes the time for this :D