Build anywhere, outside.

DetoxVenom

Looking for a unlimited build space mod, that would allow me and, or everyone to build anywhere in the game. Basics for right now is fine, I can understand that making objects outside the original perimeters non-removable, but being able to build a settlement or home at the place of my choosing would be nice. I figure that this would be a fairly easy mod, maybe find the file and change the build range to a ridiculous number that would allow me and everyone to build anywhere outside.

I don't think it would be so easy, since you would probably have to also make a tool that will make icons of places you make on map, or would you like to manually look for the stuff you made on foot, without fast travel each time?

I think there are actually in the workshop fast travel floormats that can be placed

I don't think it would be so easy, since you would probably have to also make a tool that will make icons of places you make on map, or would you like to manually look for the stuff you made on foot, without fast travel each time?

I think there are actually in the workshop fast travel floormats that can be placed

that doesn't let you build anywhere outside the zone

Edited by skannerz22

There seem to be at least 4 workshop IDs, and they all give you functional workshops, just drop one at a cleared location and you are good to go (Note: This will not count as a settlement for supply lines).

Two differences I've noted to the already existing settlements is that existing workbenches will not link up automatically, however picking them up and placing them again fixes that, and there is no glowy green line at the edge of the area, you will however still auto exit workshop mode if you move outside the location.

player.placeatme 000C1AEB
player.placeatme 000C1AEC
player.placeatme 0012E2C4
player.placeatme 00246F86

If the location you want to use hasn't been flagged as cleared you can find the ID and then clear it with

help "<location name>" 4 LCTN
setlocationcleared <location ID> 1
Edited by Bele

that doesn't let you build anywhere outside the zone

I know I am just saying you wont have to manually look for your settlements

It makes sense that you can only build at a limited number of locations, but yes it would be great if we could build anywhere. Everyone likes different things, some might like a spot partially enclosed by chain-link, or a nice spot by a river. The freedom of choice would greatly enhance the settlement feature.