[Settlements] Weird power/security/food behavior

NovaZek

Welp ... seeing in this video

that ... this bug seems to be having a great habit kicking in whenever it likes to.

I've even started a new game, even changed the language, and yet facing the same issue.

Shortly explained:

You are in sanctuary. You placed your shizzl. Made everything balanced. Power covers expenses, turrets cover security needs, food and beds cover basic needs, settler count getting increased by the recruiting tower.

Good, so far.

You want to leave.

You are walking straight to the next city (or even just outside of the specific "This is a Sanctuary Grid, gamemechanics" area).

You'll notice a msg popup with "Sanctuary bla bla security (0%)" (as well shown on the video). Any other settlement, you have to manually take a look onto your details-section.

Noticing either an "arrow up"-symbol at your energy column, or simply a big fat "0" (zero) on your security or food column.

Whats going wrong? No effing clue.

Anyone knows how to recreate this issue?

Anyone knows how to fix this crap?

Overall, the engine with its "New Lighting Engine" (aka codename Godrays) and the overall port of the game are ruining the fun of it. Even facing some gamebreaking bugs, like settlements going missing without any reason, having power/security/food issues without any sense, objects on the edge of a loaded grid are clipping, glitching and falling through bridges, houses, the surface level, etc.

Randomly teleporting around (happened me few times while using VATS, being teleported to a location where I was 5 seconds before), and more.

Edited by dark_viper

I have this same bug, and it's really wonky. It seems to trigger when I fast travel to specific places, like Abernathy Farm. If I go from Abernathy Farm to Starlight Drive-In, the bug persists (Sanctuary shows incorrect numbers), but if I go back to Sanctuary, then to Starlight Drive-In, and *then* to Abernathy Farm, everything's great. I haven't tested other locations, yet.

Bizarre.

Edited by Hyetal