telemutant

This is a first person mod for Skyrim: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57859/? - it consists only of two Script Extender files: one .ini and one .dll... But how to open this .dll file and modify it, is beyond me...

You can't open or modify DLL files.

Just like flash files, there are decompilers available that can edit dll files. A search reveals that .NET Reflector with a plugin called "FileGenerator" will do the trick.

Yes, I tried with the .NET Reflector, but failed to open the file. I didn't know about the plugin though, so I think I will give it another try. Thanks!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I give up. I wasn't able to open the .dll file with any software available on the internet... And I would probably lack the necessary knowledge to adjust it to Fallout 4 anyway...

I guess we will have to wait for a good and skillfull soul out there to make a first person mod for us.

• 2 weeks later...

/Bump

I'd almost like to see the old Fallout 3's Helmet POV mod brought back for Fallout 4. I loved the original Helmet POV and anytime I played F3 I couldn't NOT use Helmet POV. I'm thinking that a Helmet POV with the P.A.M.S. mod would make a nice combination.

I contacted him, he said that he's working on it. However he's just waiting for the "Joy of Perspective" mod to come out first. Than he'll work on the enhanced camera mod, I want that mod so badly too.

• 4 weeks later...

Guys, see the camera mod from New Vegas? That when you sit, the camera follows the head and don't go in 3rd person? Like in another camera mod for Skyrim, with the animations playable via spells, and the character lies down the camera follows the head too. That would be perfect, i hate being around a campfire and relaxing just to have a 3rd person view.

Also a mod absolutely perfect for skyrim is mod identical as the skyrim one, where you have different spells for different animations, like sit, lie down, drink water, eat, sit on ledge, read book, maps... It would be so awesome to have that in fallout 4, and even more with the 1st person view camera mod! For the best combination ever!

• 2 weeks later...

I could see this being relatively easy to do for experienced modders. Just render the head invisible, stop the body from disappearing when you zoom too close and disable 1st person. Immersive as F#@K. I've been trying to get this to work just through the Fallout.ini but I don't even know what half the terms even mean.