telemutant

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand it worked in Skyrim and FNV because of assets that are not in FO4, and outside of personal modding you can't use assets of earlier games due to copyrights or somesuch. I'm sure someone more informed would tell me if I'm wrong or not. So the short of it is that this will never be a thing, unless you play on xbox then it is a thing on bethnet.

From what I understand it worked in Skyrim and FNV because of assets that are not in FO4, and outside of personal modding you can't use assets of earlier games due to copyrights or somesuch. I'm sure someone more informed would tell me if I'm wrong or not. So the short of it is that this will never be a thing, unless you play on xbox then it is a thing on bethnet.

What? You mean the Xbox One has this, but the PC doesn't? That makes no sense to me as there shouldn't be any assets the XB1 has that the PC doesn't... Granted, like you I'm not a modder especially not on consoles, but... that just seems weird...

As to a mod like this on the PC, I'm not sure it would work, especially with things like CBBE. I mean, just as an example, say you go with this body for CBBE (warning, it's NSFW but it's the best example I could find of what I'm talking about) https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/30174?tab=description ... So would the mod render the vanilla body, or would it render the actual body, meaning that the woman in the photo would just see her own breasts and nothing on the ground, as they're so freakin' huge? Now, if that would work then that would to me make the mod even more awesome because, yes I do admit I have a character that uses that body (in fact you can see my character, as of this posting I'm the latest screenshot in the user images section) but that's always been one thing I thought of in first person, seriously she shouldn't be able to look at the ground lol

Edited by AbsolutGrndZer0

From what the description for that xbone mod says, it looks like it simply modifies the camera so that whenever you zoom in it moves to your head's position. I don't have an xbone and I can't find any videos on that mod so I have no idea.

The one uploaded to beth.net does pretty much the same as the one that was uploaded here (on Nexus) a few years ago. Both use what can only be described as a brute-force method, by altering camera values in the .ini file, which is guaranteed to come with a whole host of bugs/issues that cannot be fixed via the method that mod uses, hence why development on the pc mod (think it was called Simplish First Person Camera) halted rather abruptly... and also why numerous Xbone users are complaining of issues after uninstalling that mod over there.

I can see how a forced camera location change would give this sort of perspective of being able to view your body front when looking down, but generally, when close in third person camera, the body begins to become invisible anyway..it might work for feet maybe but Id say torso would be too close to render. changing camera position might fix this but then it would not give the correct perspective.

To actually make the mod, you would have to edit every single armor mesh for first person models, as well as adding doing any for any modded armor you might use or modded body types. it would be an ongoing and endless project for a modder, I'm sure they could do vanilla outfits.

All that just to be able to look down and see feet? its a good idea, but too much work for the result I think. I don't even know if the first person models use a different skeleton for animations? are the legs,feet and torso even included?

This thread doesn't make me very optimistic it'll ever happen, but a viewable first-person body remains my most-wanted mod by a huge margin. Really, pretty much everything else I want is already done at this point, outside of maybe a few more clothing cosmetics. But my need for those is nothing compared to how nice it'd be to have a body in first person like in New Vegas. Hopefully some magic modder will figure it out someday.

• 5 weeks later...

Back when I was playing FO4 right after F4SE's initial release, I was playing around with Immersive First Person Camera from Skyrim and tried putting the files in F4SE instead (renaming where necessary). It worked at that time. However, I was not able to recreate it now. My guess is that subsequent updates invalidated whatever allowed it to work in the first place.

That said, if anyone has pex scripting know how, you might be able to update IFPC from Skyrim to FO4. I wish I could be more helpful than that.