375 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983,254 posts
Scales - Gameplay Rebalance - Enhanced Edition

This mod rebalances several skills, items, status effects, talent requirements, and various other things to make bad things better and overpowered things less effective. My primary motivation is to balance the game, but also to make combat more complex and fun.

Sena1993

Sena1993

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Thank you for this patch but any chance you can change sneak ap cost 5 ap to 1 ap? and any chance add all skill book when max level that skill? anyway ty for this patch

kitsuneshoujo

kitsuneshoujo

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts
Why would Boulder Dash cause poison? That doesn't make any more sense than creating any oil spill. I think an aoe attack would be better.

Bardblue

Bardblue

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 331 posts
In response to post #30385825.

Spoiler

Will look into reducing sneak cost to 3, preferably with investment into sneak, but I'm not sure if I can change it. A 1 AP sneak is a little low for me. It should be used sparingly in combat to hide, but not as useless as it is now with a 5 AP cost.

Not sure what you mean about adding all skillbooks. Like you automatically learn them, or just get them? Either way, not something I can do right now and not really interested to be honest. Pretty easy to buy them all, and I think having a limit is good.

Bardblue

Bardblue

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 331 posts
In response to post #30402695.

Spoiler

Someone requested it so a zombie party would have a poison skill early on. I'm not super attached to it causing poison over oil, but I do think it differentiates itself from midnight oil a little better that way (though then it kind of overlaps with poison arrow, so I dunno.) I'll look into it.

Sena1993

Sena1993

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
In response to post #30385825. #30408595 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

About sneak ap cost i just think reduce to 2 or 3 when we reach to level 5 sneak will help class rogue or ranger more chance to fight and survial like original version, maybe walk in shadow and invisible will help rogue but i dont think it will help much if rouge or ranger can deal with many enemy or boss fight with those sneak spell in long fight but all things above is my own thinking about make ranger and rogue can deal greater damage in game so dont mind me if it not make your patch not balance anymore.

About skillbooks what i mean is can you open more slot of spell so i can add all spell without limit? like when i reach man at arm to level 5 all spell i can add is 6 novice + 4 apdert + 2 master, that make me so confuses when we have to abandon 1 - 2 spell because limit skill slot when maybe i need that spell in future perhaps, so if you can do it or not i still appreciate what you do to make this game more fun and balance, thank you.

P/s: Sorry for my bad english if you dont understand what i say those things above.

Bardblue

Bardblue

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 331 posts
In response to post #30385825. #30408595, #30423555 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Looked into reducing sneak cost, but couldn't find anything. I'm trying to find ways to make Rogues better, especially early on, though I've actually mostly nerfed rangers so far. Also, don't think I can change the limits of spell slots either, sorry!

mick00587

mick00587

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Hello.
I have a quick question : is there a easy way to use your mod only to change the luck treasure table?

I'm looking for a mod that slighly improve the "drop" for char with high luck, and so far, in the enhanced edition, you are the only one having something similar working. Problem is, i don't want to change the gameplay yet :P (i'm greatly interested in an overhaul rebalance, but i prefer to wait for the finish product, especially because i'm already in the middle of my playthough :P)

There is a treasuretable.txt in the .rar file, can i simply copy this in my "gamedata" folder and boom, i'm done? (i suspect that wont work, but hey, you never know :P)

Thank you, and sorry for the poor english :P

Bardblue

Bardblue

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 331 posts
In response to post #30439620.

Spoiler

Keep the same folder structure, put the "Public" folder with everything in it in your game directory, but delete all the other txt files in the mod besides the treasuretable.txt, and you'll get the luck changes without other stuff.

I did improve minibosses so they also drop legendaries, so keep that in mind. Not entirely sure how that will affect balance, but it will making killing bosses a bit more exciting at least. Also, I balanced the luck treasure tables with the fact that lucky charm bonuses no longer appears on loot or status effects (though they will still appear if you don't have any other files). It won't give you TONS of items, but I think you should actually have to invest points in lucky charm to get as much loot as it will give you with the higher percentages. I'll be curious to see if you think it's too good with how easy it is to get bonuses from items.

Finally, I don't think the lucky charm tables will change until you get to a new level, since loot seems to be fixed upon loading a level. (It MAY even require a new game, but I don't think so.) So if you've already been to every level in the game, there's not much point in getting the new treasure tables (though it won't hurt.)

mick00587

mick00587

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
In response to post #30439620. #30457110 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Ok, that's amazing :P
I made a party of 2 mages, madora and Bairdotr, in tactican mode.
Only one "problem" so far, i decided to try a lucky char (one of my mage) to see how effective it is.
Well, guess what ? It is not :)
I'm having a hard time with some encounters, so i might restart from the beginning, still not sure about this. (or maybe use some sort of character editor/console commands if it exists)
I'm still able to progress using the usual combination of crowd control spells, but one of my mage is really behind in term of power.

Anyway, thanks for the quick answer :)

Page loaded in: 0.928 seconds