Simultaneous KB+M and Gamepad Input (For Steam Controller)

willfill

One of the most frustrating things about this game for me is that I just got the steam controller, and setting it up with this game it has to be either a gamepad, or a KB+M emulator. Having it set to gamepad only makes using the right touchpad for the camera nowhere near as smooth as when it is pure mouse input. However when set up as KB+M, menus, Pip-Boy, looting, crafting, and building settlements especially are all very awkward to do.

I've read that it is actually a very hard thing to do, but if some people out there have the knowledge to create a mod that allows both gamepad input and KB+M (or even just mouse) input, that would be incredible for Steam Controller users.

Sorry if this has already been requested on here, I'm not well versed in the Nexus forums.

Edited by willfill

I'm right there with you on this. I found a configuration that works pretty well for me as KB/M, but... it's so complicated that I don't think uploading it is a good idea. Too many modifiers and the like. I'd love to see a mod, or a .ini editing guide, that'd help us out with this.