Using Console to Change NPC Appearance?

thebeast505

Would really love to change Curies hair but without the creation kit I can't figure out how.

I've tried using the command showlooksmenu and it opens up on her however changing anything doesn't have any physical effect on her.

The only aspect that I can see a physical change is when going to the body section of the looks menu and changing her body size, so I know I have her

open in the looksmenu but her hair or face cannot be changed it seems.

Anyone know of another way to do this?

Not possible unfortunately from what I can gather on Curie. I did find she can be model swapped though. So if there is another NPC you're just dying to have the face/hair of you can do so.

001647C6 is the ID for curie that you need to look for in the files. Can use B.A.E to extract the meshes. Most ids of NPCs can be found by doing a command. Alternatively I have been working on spawning in every ID 1 by 1 and making a notepad with my brother to organize them. We're not quite halfway, but have tons of IDs done.

Not possible unfortunately from what I can gather on Curie. I did find she can be model swapped though. So if there is another NPC you're just dying to have the face/hair of you can do so.

001647C6 is the ID for curie that you need to look for in the files. Can use B.A.E to extract the meshes. Most ids of NPCs can be found by doing a command. Alternatively I have been working on spawning in every ID 1 by 1 and making a notepad with my brother to organize them. We're not quite halfway, but have tons of IDs done.

Thanks for the heads up! Just curious though, under what ba2 is Curie's model located? I've checked each of the texture files, as well as mesh and material files...I might just be glossing over it due to the amount of entries though.

Honestly, I'd be happy enough just to turn her blonde, maybe give her the "Punk/Furiosa" haircut...

EDIT: just found out about the "slm" command from this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/616/?

In tandem with the ID you just provided, I can adjust her in-game! Thanks! Looks like Bethesda has finally given us the option to change looks of npcs in game!

Edited by Seracen

Thanks for the heads up! Just curious though, under what ba2 is Curie's model located? I've checked each of the texture files, as well as mesh and material files...I might just be glossing over it due to the amount of entries though.

Honestly, I'd be happy enough just to turn her blonde, maybe give her the "Punk/Furiosa" haircut...

EDIT: just found out about the "slm" command from this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/616/?

In tandem with the ID you just provided, I can adjust her in-game! Thanks! Looks like Bethesda has finally given us the option to change looks of npcs in game!

Hey thanks for this! I will be using this until the CK comes out.

I'm trying to edit curie this way but it doesn't seem to be working. Can you go a little bit more into depth about what you did?

[snip]

Hey thanks for this! I will be using this until the CK comes out.

Cheers! Have fun in the Wasteland! :)

[snip]

I'm trying to edit curie this way but it doesn't seem to be working. Can you go a little bit more into depth about what you did?

When Curie (in her Synth form) is in front of you, click on her after having brought up the console. You should see her ID pop up. Then, use that ID with the slm code. It should be "slm 001647C6" or whatever code the game provided for your particular instance of Curie (depending on setup, I suppose this number could change, but it shouldn't). Some people must type in "slm 001647C6 1" although I did not.

Then back out of the console, and just wait a moment. You should notice the bottom part of the screen brings up the Look Generator options. Do whatever tweaks you want, and back out (make sure to save). Voila, customized Curie!

I should note that I also prepped my various config files to accept modding (look at the main Nexus page for details), so this might have affected it.

Edited by Seracen

When Curie (in her Synth form) is in front of you, click on her after having brought up the console. You should see her ID pop up. Then, use that ID with the slm code. It should be "slm 001647C6" or whatever code the game provided for your particular instance of Curie (depending on setup, I suppose this number could change, but it shouldn't). Some people must type in "slm 001647C6 1" although I did not.

Then back out of the console, and just wait a moment. You should notice the bottom part of the screen brings up the Look Generator options. Do whatever tweaks you want, and back out (make sure to save). Voila, customized Curie!

I should note that I also prepped my various config files to accept modding (look at the main Nexus page for details), so this might have affected it.

I'm also trying to get this to work however, clicking on her gives her object reference ID which does the same thing (can only edit the body). Also, isn't "slm" just short for "ShowLooksMenu"? I tried inputing her ID (1647C6) but it doesn't work and it just says "Invalid Object Reference".

I'm also trying to get this to work however, clicking on her gives her object reference ID which does the same thing (can only edit the body). Also, isn't "slm" just short for "ShowLooksMenu"? I tried inputing her ID (1647C6) but it doesn't work and it just says "Invalid Object Reference".

Yes, although "slm" works just as well, In my case, I typed in "slm 102249" and it worked.

EDIT: huh...on double checking again, it seems like not all the functions are working, will test some more and update. It's strange, considering that this worked like a charm for Piper and others...

Edited by Seracen

Yes, although "slm" works just as well, In my case, I typed in "slm 102249" and it worked.

EDIT: huh...on double checking again, it seems like not all the functions are working, will test some more and update. It's strange, considering that this worked like a charm for Piper and others...

Yeah, my issue was that I was able to get into Curies looks menu and change some features like the eyes, if I attempted to change other her face would flash black and then come back the same as it was. Changing hairstyle did nothing as well.