Using Console to Change NPC Appearance?

thebeast505

Hi, so i really wanted to change what Curie looked like and after messing around with console commands i found what worked for me. Please note these changes made this way might go across saves and new games due to the fact we are editing her global/base model. So do this at your own risk, i haven't seen any negative effects yet.

Part 1: in the commands type "help curie 4"

Part 2: there should be 3 different codes

Part 3:i don't remember which code it was right now but i think it's the first one listed, if not try one of the other ones. Type"player.Placeatme (code) 1"

Part 4: each of the codes have different results, Miss Nanny Curie, underwear Curie, and clothed Curie. If you have a curie in the basic clothes she starts in, your on the right track.

Part 5: assuming you have your curie with you, there should be 2 of her.

Part 6: when you have 2 of her you need to use the freeze command so it's easier to edit them. "Tfc 1"

Part 7: go in front of the Curie that isn't your companion and enter "slm (code)" then edit her how you want. I just messed with her hair and added lip gloss. Hit the done button when your finished. This is now her new base model.

Part 8: go to your Curie and make the same hair change, other updates to her looks should follow since it's now copying the new base model we created.

Part 9: that's it, after that get out of the freeze mode by retyping the command "tfc 1", then you can go up to the other curie click on her in the console command screen and type "disable" to remove her, changes should stay.

I only just figured this out, i haven't done much play testing after doing this, only like 3 minutes. So if there's any problems I'm sorry.
Please reply if it works for you :smile:

By the way this should work for any humanoid companion or npc. Just search for them with "help (name) 4" and follow the same process.

Be careful when attempting this. I followed these instructions exactly, except I made some more changes with sculpting and makeup etc. At one point, when changing the eyebrow style, something happened to the skin texture and she became brown in the face with a low res texture or something, and I couldn't get that fixed. I thought maybe it won't affect the original curie. When I got to part 8, my original Curie looked like the unmodded one. I tried to change the hairstyle to see if it would change now. She faded out and vanished as I changed the hairstyle. Now she is completely invisible, even when loading a save before I attempted all this. If I spawn in the base mesh again (part 3) it looks like the unmodded curie. But no matter what I try, I cannot get real curie to re-appear. If I try to do "slm" on the original curie it is as if the body mesh is missing as I can only go into hair style and color when I enter the Face menu, no matter where I hover the cursor on the screen. The hair is invisible too though.

You did warn us, Zevrin, so it's not on you. I didn't think that something like this would happen though. I wonder if replacing the "Fallout4 - Meshes.ba2" using steam will revert these changes. Not sure if that's where the base mesh is located though. Anyone good with the console have any other tips on reverting her back?

EDIT: False alarm. She's back after I restarted the game. Still be careful though. Was scary that the glitch persisted in previous saves.

Edited by wartex

its best not to edit any followers they all have special faces other people have them to i did edit piper but its messed up and i want to change her back any way but i cant. someone needs to find a way to reset looks of people somehow maybe an un edited file of them from another install of fallout 4 could be used idk but it is not a good idea to edit people with special faces.

So i was messing around with this, and (i think it was becuase of TFC) i now cannot use my weapons or zoom in and out.... please help

Previous saves did not work

Edit: After some testing found out that my mouse is "disabled" (ingame not my mouse or pcs fault)

for example: I re bound my primary attack from m1 to [ and it worked fine, so only my m1, m2, mwup, and mwdwn arent working

Still need a fix plz

FIXED!: I just verified my game cache and it fixed :D

Edited by SneakyNipples

Hi, so i really wanted to change what Curie looked like and after messing around with console commands i found what worked for me. Please note these changes made this way might go across saves and new games due to the fact we are editing her global/base model. So do this at your own risk, i haven't seen any negative effects yet.

Part 3:i don't remember which code it was right now but i think it's the first one listed, if not try one of the other ones. Type"player.Placeatme (code) 1"

Part 4: each of the codes have different results, Miss Nanny Curie, underwear Curie, and clothed Curie. If you have a curie in the basic clothes she starts in, your on the right track.

Part 6: when you have 2 of her you need to use the freeze command so it's easier to edit them. "Tfc 1"

Part 7: go in front of the Curie that isn't your companion and enter "slm (code)" then edit her how you want. I just messed with her hair and added lip gloss. Hit the done button when your finished. This is now her new base model.

Part 8: go to your Curie and make the same hair change, other updates to her looks should follow since it's now copying the new base model we created.

Part 9: that's it, after that get out of the freeze mode by retyping the command "tfc 1", then you can go up to the other curie click on her in the console command screen and type "disable" to remove her, changes should stay.

I only just figured this out, i haven't done much play testing after doing this, only like 3 minutes. So if there's any problems I'm sorry.

Please reply if it works for you :smile:

By the way this should work for any humanoid companion or npc. Just search for them with "help (name) 4" and follow the same process.

This appears to only work to some extend. I did bunch of edits on the base model of the synth Curie, then when I got to the original Curie, then apply the hair change, only the make ups, and the hair and the hair color worked, her face structure did not look like that of the base model I edited at all. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Ok nevermind. Restarted the game and her face looks fine now, except her hair was stretched out, I used slm on her in the console again and change the hair again and it's all fine now. Awesome.

Question though, I usually disable and then use markfordelete to complete delete something I don't want off my game, I did the same to the base Curie I edited to change the current Curie I have now, will that affect anything at all? Like, resetting her looks to default later on in the game and what not?

One thign I've noticed though, is that the slider isn't as "free" as when you create your character, like the character eye size slider, eye angle slider, they are limited, and can't be expand to be too big or too small, and stuff like eye depths don't work at all (the one u have to use your mouse wheel).

Edited by alonewolf003

Please reply if it works for you :)

This appears to work to some extent, though the second I touch anything to change her face reverts to what appears to be the first default female face. Has anyone else noticed this? I just wanna change her hair :'(

Oh dear, I did the steps and managed to change curie's hair and makeup which I was very pleased initially..

After a few hours of questing with her she suddenly turned invisible, I can still talk to her but she's just completely invisible. Tried reloading earlier saves and restart my game but she's still invisible. Oh noooooo.. Gonna try verifying my game cache XD

*update*

Verifying didn't help but I managed to fix it by using recycleactor command. But that reset my affinity with curie so I had to use modav ca_affinity to get it back to where it was initially xD

Hopefully this helps anyone with the invisible problem-

Edited by Raveheart

thanks a lot guys!

i followed zevrin's instructions to edit her appearance and it worked like a charm.

she turned invisible after a short while though so i had to recycleactor (thanks raveheart).

but even after the "reset" she kept the changes i made before so i just had to give her clothes/weapon again and manually restore affinity.

everything worked perfectly after that and i haven't found any other issues so long.

thanks again for your help, i m enjoing my curie 2.0 so much!

http://oi65.tinypic.com/2u8x761.jpg

Edited by Luthal

Hey!

Well I wish to make my personal army editing my random settlers, but the process explained page 2 does not work.

The "help ... 4" command seems to give no result on random npcs, so I'm not able to spawn the right model. And of course, direct SLM affects body shape only.

Does anyone manage to figure out how to SLM random folks ?